Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

For those who are still just thinking...

Poster: A snowHead
A friend sent this to me in order to make me want to go to the mountains even more then I already wanted:

' but here's some inspiration...close your eyes and imagine, the warm cuddly feeling in those skiing outfits, the bright sun bearing down on you, the cold air going in and out of your nostrils, the soft snow letting you glide by effortlessly on the slopes, the happy hour back at the lodge at 6pm, the nice warm dinner gulped down with bottles of wine and the warm glow of the flames in the fireplace before you go to sleep....'

I just thought I will do it to you too.. Smile Ha!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Prefer a hot dinner.

Something Dan Brown about this.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lete, not sure about 'the warm cuddly feeling in those skiing outfits'!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The more I read this the worse it gets, mind you must be a posh lodge to have a fire in the bedroom, or is the poster a maturer sort, dropping off during dinner.

Some inspiration..."Close your eyes and imagine the smug feeling of those in all in one skiing outfits knowing everyone is admiring your choice of avacardo and orange. The bright sun bearing down on you,blinding you half the time, the rush of cold ( minus 25) air, the icesheet caused by heavy rain the bashers cannot break up. Stopping off for a drink and a a spag bol, for less then 50 Euros. Looking forward to the happy hour back at the lodge at 6pm where you can get pissed before the cheese/meat based dinner which is washed down with bottles of terrible wine. Then warm glow of the flames from your eyebrows as you try and light a cigarette of a gas ring after said feast' Toofy Grin

If Aldi did ski holidays....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alan empty , I am not sure myself !!! Smile Mine isn't exactly cuddly but it is certainly warm! ( but have to say I have seen some crazy 'cuddly outfits' on the slopes Smile )

Lightninqdan, honestly mate no idea what's up with your post .. or mood ? Time to chill. Peace.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lete, you've missed out oggling Russian milfs in the sauna.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lete, Don't worry - lightningdan gets hormonal, and chooses to pick on unsuspecting newbies...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, I knew something was missing... Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Voice of Reason, thank you for your words of wisdom !! Newbie or not I am one tough cookie and wont be easily intimidated. In the end its all about one thing - passion for snow, mountains, skiing and snowboarding. That's what counts.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Voice of Reason wrote:
Lete, Don't worry - lightningdan gets hormonal, and chooses to pick on unsuspecting newbies...

Not hormonal, it was crap.

Usually pretty friendly.

Lete, am chilled !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It is utter pap . . . but to his favour, Lete, didn't himself pen the drivel. wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
'Close your eyes and imagine the smug feeling of those who in 1980's C and A ski outfits knowing that everyone is admiring your tight wallet thinking. The bright sun bearing down on you and thinking I really should have put the factor 50 on today so as to avoid the end of week Klingon forehead look. The rush of cold through previously mentioned near useless C and A ski suit which has now soaked up all that wet snow that keeps going down your neck as you face plant due to no edges on you 210cm narrow head ski's that you borrowed from your dad as you were too tight to hire or buy decent gear or at least get them serviced. The joy of slipping down the stairs into a slopeside bar or restaurant to be greeted by the odour from the toilets downstairs and then slipping into a comfy and damp seat next to someone who like you has forgotten their deoderant for this weeks holiday. After wonderful day of falling over, fighting the locals in congested ski lifts you return to your wonderful luxury chalet for 10, which really should accomodate 6 and after partaking the dried out cake that your fully qualified host spent minutes making and baking you retire for a leisurely bath (for bath see shower with a blocked up plug hole). The the wonderous meal starts. Canapes (bread topped with cheap pate), champagne (the cheapest sparkling wine they could find in Bourg). Being a 'white week' the fully qualified (in anything but cooking) has preapred a suitable meal, breast of chicken, mashed potatoe, white cabbage and a white tasteless cheese based sauce. Accompanied by an limitless, but clearly limited to half a glass each of expensively cheap locally sourced wine. Followed by shop bought proffiteroles and squirty cream. The relax in the comfortably appointed lounge (which only seats 6) while the host noisily cleans up and prepares 12 hours in advance your freshly prepared breakfast for tomorrow morning. Eventually you decide to retire to your comfortable bedroom for some well deserved sleep, only the bedroom is so small you can touch both sides of the room from the center of the double (sic) bed and if you need to go to the toilet you need to climb over your dear partner to get to the facilities. Oh I miss it all so!!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lightningdan, no worries - I knew it already Smile

Masque, Indeed, but this is exactly what it is suppose to be - a drivel !!! And it seems very inspirational in some cases... Smile

ansta1, Did you by any chance had a really bad chalet holidays experience? Sounds like a lot of fun.. Sad
In future I recommend more research or choosing an offer from a smaller chalet company that actually cares for client.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lete,

not a particularly bad one. but let me explain, we had gone to a particular chalet in a particular resort we have previously gone to before with a very good small company we'll call 'really good travel' the chalet changed hands and the new tour operator who for the sake of argument we shall call 'quartz or the family name for this and other semi precious stones or a brand of premium sparkling wine the bling set drink' had just started a new arm offering 'premium' services. Hey we say the chalet we know is good and the location is superb, and according to them has just been refurbished, plus the price is good as it's their first year in the market. Needless to say it didn't come up to the original TO service standards and the refurb had made a really bad use of the space. Also needless to say we never used the 'premium quartz...' TO again and have reverted to our original TO or diy bookings.

However it was more or less a general fun post and not specifically directed as we all know we pays our money and take our chances or already know what to expect.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ansta1 wrote:
we pays our money and take our chances or already know what to expect.

Exactly. Some calories, somewhere to rinse of the sweat and somewhere to bunk ready for the next day. Lots of us would much rather be able to afford 2 weeks skiing away rather than 1 week of worrying about whether the Horse's Douvres were up to their 'come dine with me' standards. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
moffatross,

absolutely, I'd rather have more weeks on the snow and less free wine. But in my defence these trips were 'family or group' trips so have to adhere to the group requirements.

And to be honest some of the 'come dine with me' standards are below your average 1st year student (no offence to any 1st year students) these days.

regards and surprised I haven't been flamed as of yet but it's still early doors!!!
snow report
You went with Quartz? NOooooooooo... Skullie
snow conditions
i didn't know hertz were doing holidays Puzzled

oh wait... wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy