Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes current conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

What are conditions like at Le Lac and on the glacier at the moment (2 Nov 2011)?

I have looked on the "Tignes 2012/12 season" thread and looks nice but cannot see any dates, so not clear how up to date it is...

Also, it seems (on my work PC at least) that none of the Tignes webcams are working at the moment (or have been for a few weeks). This is bad - because (a) I will be going out there on 26 Nov, and like to check regularly to build the stoke, and (b) there is so little snow that they have not yet even been able to spread the big white sheets of plastic for the webcams...

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No snow at resort level, not much on the glacier. It snow while we were out there a couple of weeks ago, and then another fall of snow last week so I think conditions on the glacier are OK for training. Everywhere else is still green.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PS: Probably best to ask this question on the Tignes 2011/12 thread. More people might see it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As Rob says, not much snow at resort level. FWIW, Tignes webcams appear to be functioning (except Toviere which is an old image)

http://www.tignes.net/en/skiing-in-tignes/webcams-290.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hmmm. not looking good for end of Nov so far... or is that usual for this time of year? IN previous years (even last year's bad season) there was a fair bit of snow by this time of year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boardiac, The end of November is ages away yet! You can't decide "it's not looking good" based on what it's like 4 weeks out.

I am pamW and I claim my own £5
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow-Forecast have a shed-load of snow predicted from Thursday through to Sunday - for whatever that is worth. That could completely change the brown to white on the webcam.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, Laughing Laughing that did make me chuckle Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The freezing level is going to be at or about 3000m this weekend - good for the glacier - wellies in the village methinks!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Doesn't look like much happened overnight on the webcams.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm about 80km from Tignes but here it snowed above 2600m, very warm start to Nov. warmest on record in fact, but it doesn't mean anything for the season as early Nov snow would melt anyway before the season proper starts.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sadly even next weekends forecast is currently for wet rather than white below about 2700m.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boardiac wrote:
Hi

What are conditions like at Le Lac and on the glacier at the moment (2 Nov 2011)?

I have looked on the "Tignes 2012/12 season" thread and looks nice but cannot see any dates, so not clear how up to date it is...

If you look on the right hand-side of your original post you will see 'Wed 2nd November" - i.e. the date the post was made

So it's not hard to figure that Rob's great shots - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=79210&start=180 were made on the 20th October

and stewarts post from the 30th October - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=79210&start=192

dare I say..

simples..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thread now locked. Please can we keep this to the Tignes & Val d'Isere 2011/2012 thread.
Thanks!
wH.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy