Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Lab X-3 "Soft"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So a few weeks ago I paid a visit to the 'Zoo, of which I will write more some point. Steve was on top form and I happily put my fate in his hands.

Apart from getting the colour completely wrong, although I am assured that White is the new Tangerine, he told me that what I wanted was a pair of Salomon Lab X-3 "Soft"s. Alternatives existed but for my foot shape they would require least work.

[N.B. "Soft" is only a relative term as they have a flex of 130]

Anyway, finally, finally managed to get out for a spin this afternoon up the GMs.

Initial impressions;

1. I thought it was going to be back on with the Dobermanns but things settled down.

2. I am happy with my 130 flex.

3. They feel lighter than the Nordicas.

4. After 4 hours I didn't have to unbuckle them on the chair.

Sorry, it's a pretty boring review.

I mean, they do what they're supposed to. Precise, grrreaat fit, terrific feel from the snow, progressive flex, although not so much of it for a "soft" boot. Good angles.

Love em.

Who wants orange boots anyway?

( I will suggest though that the Nordicas, with the "Aggressor" stance maybe, maybe had a sharper turn in, but I'll need to back to back them to work out if that's true. )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy