Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Construction of TSF4 Parchay - Peisey Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Just noticed this and thought might be of interest to some Puzzled . Isn't the lift that the Derby replace going here? Didn't think this was being done till Summer 2010? Never stayed that far down in Peisey so not 100% sure of the need or the exact location but all good.

http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8836

http://www.r-montagne.fr/r_actu/2009/i20090921.php

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 22-09-09 8:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller, Interesting! When we were there in August, there was a planning permission notice up for the new piste Poney, but rumour was, that the lift had yet to be granted permission. I'll have to get my resident translater onto it, as I cant quite understand what it all says Confused The position is up towards La Vache, & there are some nice chalets up there. The old chalets beyond La Vache have been done up quite nicely too, over the last couple of years. There is also planning in for a new MGM style hotel up there - & apparently they are awaiting to hear whether or not the lift gets permission before going ahead with it.

I'll be stunned if the new lift is there this season Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
genepi, Suppose if you are top end of Peisey getting to the Vanoise and lifts ain't so easy. it would be good then for the development of Peisey. You know the French though, since when has planning permission stood in the way of any building, thought it was how much you paid/bribed the Mayor got things done?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, Also, if you can cut down to it fromEcureils & miss the mad arrival at the bottom of the Peisey lift, it would be good.

There was no sign of anything other than haymaking happening there at the end of August.

The old mayor liked things in Plan Peisey as they were - the new one is the owner of Sherpa & Intersport, so I guess it is in his interest to see it develop.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, Was also interested to see The Flying Squirrel up for sale in the summer - do you know anything about that?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chloe from La Vache was 90% confident in April that this lift / piste was going in for 09/10 - and she was probably the best person to ask as La Vache's lunchtime business will definitely increase a lot as a result of this upgrade. I understood it was the old plan-bois lift (replaced by derby) that was being re-cycled, but looking at the second link it sounds like it is another lift. The other people that will love this are Ski Beat - their Top 5 Chalets now genuinely are Ski-in/out rather than being described as being on a 'blue piste' when technically they weren't. Not sure what it will do for the 'tobogganing' area just above their chalets though as this will probably now be a piste!!

It will also improve 'retour plan-peisey' which was always a bit of a joke as you had to dodge walkers, dogs, sheep and the uphill bits, and you always ended up skiing through back gardens to get back to the main lift base.

Genepi Interesting that the new mayor is Mr. Sherpa/Intersport - I guess he'd be interested in having the lift / piste in as it brings skiers nearer to his establishments!! Whats' the MGM bit you're referring too and where's that going - is that the mooted demolish/move/rebuild of the block that the Flying Squirrel/Sherpa/Intersport is in or is that something else?

As to The Flying Squirrel - Will & Andi are keen to spend their time on other projects including working with animals and more community work - although looking after drunken 18 year old seasonaires is probably no different Laughing
So yes their plan was to sell up and do some travelling. I believe for this season however that if they haven't sold the place then Kev from last season will return to run the place as manager although will/andi wont be there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett, As I understand it, its due to be built in the gap just between La Vache & the ski beat chalets. But I could be wrong. The ski beat chalets had a different name on them in the summer - a company based in Lyon, IIRC Confused I wonder if they will go back to ski beat in the winter. The other demolishing work has been threatened for a few years, but as I said before, the old mayor thought it should stay as an example of its 70's architecture Shocked Luckily, I think Mr Sherpa/Intersport has other ideas. We'll see.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some up to date photos. Looks like it will be open for this Winter.

http://www.r-montagne.fr/r_actu/2009/i20091002.php
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
genepi wrote:
bertie bassett, As I understand it, its due to be built in the gap just between La Vache & the ski beat chalets. But I could be wrong. The ski beat chalets had a different name on them in the summer - a company based in Lyon, IIRC Confused I wonder if they will go back to ski beat in the winter. The other demolishing work has been threatened for a few years, but as I said before, the old mayor thought it should stay as an example of its 70's architecture Shocked Luckily, I think Mr Sherpa/Intersport has other ideas. We'll see.

ref the beat chalets - I believe all 5 are owned by Frenchies and towards the end of last season a couple of them had 'rent for the summer season' signs on outside. The beat take them back on 1/12 and they're in the brochure for this season. Having checked a couple of them out last season they're really rather nice and I would imagine they'll definitely stay in the programme as with the new lift/piste it makes them much more attractive a proposition from a location perspective.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd be surprised if that lift was open for this winter if those photos were taken in September. Looks like there a lot more work to do.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, Quite, particularly when compared to these new lifts in La Plagne
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, I don't think this lift is scheduled to open this winter, so to me it looks like they've got an early start on it getting some of the ground-clearing and foundation works done.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, Its a very short lift, you might be surprised. wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, isn't it the old Plan Bois lift (the one with the magic carpet that was always breaking down)? It wil still need a top station and bottom station (including the complicated magic carpet assembly) and a couple of pylons at least. That's a lot of work to do, especially as we're in to autumn weather.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
thefatcontroller, isn't it the old Plan Bois lift (the one with the magic carpet that was always breaking down)? It wil still need a top station and bottom station (including the complicated magic carpet assembly) and a couple of pylons at least. That's a lot of work to do, especially as we're in to autumn weather.

The one that was replaced by the derby? I remember coming face to face with that magic carpet the hard way a few years ago.

I don't think it is that lift - I'm sure I've read somewhere which one it was and was surprised it wasn't plan bois but they've probably flogged that in an Eastwards direction..

You're right about needing pylons & stations - I think it's meant to be 5 pylons, but they'd need to be some 'mountain remodelling' for the top station around the point (i assume) where the little track goes off left to vieux plan-peisey
latest report
bertie bassett, I don't quite understand what the purpose of that lift is, unless it is to allow more ski/in property to be developed at that end of Peisey? Is that part of the village zoned for more residential property?
snow report
Scroll down this page for some up-to-date photos of the work in Peisey to complete this lift.

http://teddydu073.skyrock.com/2.html
ski holidays
Is this new lift operating now? I won't be out until mid-Jan this year.

Does this let you get back to the Vanoise easily if you ski down Combe?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy