Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chambery to Courchevel Transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I am booked on a flight to arrive at Chambery at 16.45 on the 5th of Feb, and am struggling to find a public transport transfer up to 1650. It looks like the Altibuses aren't meeting this flight this year- bad times.

Does anyone have any other suggestions at all? Private transfers are a complete no no- just far too expensive for the 2 of us!

Thanks in advance Happy

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
papeman wrote:
Hi guys,

I am booked on a flight to arrive at Chambery at 16.45 on the 5th of Feb, and am struggling to find a public transport transfer up to 1650. It looks like the Altibuses aren't meeting this flight this year- bad times.

Does anyone have any other suggestions at all? Private transfers are a complete no no- just far too expensive for the 2 of us!

Thanks in advance Happy

Chris

Welcome to Snowheads

Options

1) Hire Car. Drive - about 1hr:15 to 1hr:30

2) taxi from airport to station - 20 euro according to here - http://www.chamberyairport.net/Access/ (but possibly a little out of date) - then there is a 18:30 or an 20:00 train Chambery to moutiers - http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en?OK#focus then see if you can thumb a lift up the hill to 1650. The buses might still be running, possibly best to check that bit with the courch ticket office...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A couple of transfer companies do shared transfers. You may have to wait a little at the airport but it is cheaper than a private one.. try http://www.3vt.co.uk and http://evasiontravel.co.uk/courchevel-le-praz/ski-courchevel/courchevel-airport-transfers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hire a car, cheaper than a transfer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have just booked the same transfer, car hire worked out the same for four people. unless you want a ford ka.

Had to shell out for the private transfer in the end 460 euros with a Snowhead discount!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last season I booked a car for the Chambrey to La Tania transfer. There were two of us and I think it costed at about £60 each for a VW Polo sized job. They usually get cheaper per head as the numbers go up.

Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
it is a Saturday the same day as Neilson, Crystal and inghams as well as I presume others so should be able to get on one of their transfers just ask on of the reps, not sure what the prices are in France but they normally start from about 25 euro's
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey guys,

Thanks for the tips- it is lookign like we will probably go with the Taxi-Train-Taxi/Bus route, a bit of pain in the rear but hey ho. Therefore- taxi from Moutiers station up to 1650, how much do you lovely lot think it will cost?

Big love,

Chris
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A couple of years ago got a taxi from Chambery Aeroport to Chambery train station for about 25 euro, then train - which was very cheap, should be buses from Moutiers - if not a large group may be cheaper... Try http://www.courchnet.com/maps-and-timetables/courchevel-maps-and-timetables.htm
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy