Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Footbed question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can i use my custom footbeds from my ski boots in my boarding boots? And if so do i put them inside the bootliner or underneath it??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oompaloompa, Yes, inside
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
...... but remember to take out the on that's alteady in there wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah I did this Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am uncertain.
Do ski boot footbeds have ramp angle?
I can,t ski so have only heard this is something with ski boot footbeds and not with snowboard boot footbeds?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 6-12-12 19:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm surprised they'd work - seeing as your're using your feet differently to apply different kinds of pressure when skiing and boarding, i'd have thought that you'd need to support your foot differently too... Again, not a skier, so just an observation.
ski holidays
 cran
cran
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I'm surprised they'd work - seeing as your're using your feet differently to apply different kinds of pressure when skiing and boarding, i'd have thought that you'd need to support your foot differently too... Again, not a skier, so just an observation.

They should work... A footbed is a footbed... The boots/liner may be different but the bottom of your foot doesn't change shape.

I now have the footbeds out of my cycling shoes in my ski boots and they are great. The custom footbeds I had made in the boot shop hurt my feet so I threw them away.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cran, The only experience of footbeds I have are the heat moulded jobbies which came with my snowboard boots. I always assumed that when you've got an activity like snowboarding or running or cycling you're applying different pressures to different parts of your foot, causing it to deform in different ways which'd mean you need specific support. I stand corrected.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I stand corrected.
Very Happy

I've used my ski footbeds in boarding boots - worked fine. TBF the standard ones might have been fine too. I couldn't see any reason they wouldn't work, they've been moulded to the shape of my feet and I use the same feet regardless of sport Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways wrote:
cran, The only experience of footbeds I have are the heat moulded jobbies which came with my snowboard boots. I always assumed that when you've got an activity like snowboarding or running or cycling you're applying different pressures to different parts of your foot, causing it to deform in different ways which'd mean you need specific support. I stand corrected.

No, you're quite correct.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you don't want a custom food bed, i went for a cheaper option which was preformed insole designed for ski boots: ) : ) . they have taken away the cramp and pins and needles i used to get when skiing and have made my skiing days pain free!!!! ( what we all dream of ) i have used these in my cycling shoes as well and they have helped : D : D

the website was http://www.insoles-direct.com/ski_boot_insoles. i think this is the page with the ski insoles on. they seemed to have insoles for nearly every sport/hobby available.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I finally got custom made superfeet footbeds from solutions4feet for my board boots which are about 2/3 cork lenght underneath from the heel, giving some forefoot flex.
Stateside I had some made in the 90,s for hardboard boots that were full lenght cork so they had no forefoot flex.
Thats the difference with superfeet custom corks that I can see so far.
Looking forward to trying them once I get my feet and lower legs used to riding again which always takes awhile.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tried my ski footbeds in my board boots and it just felt wrong so I popped in some off the shelf Scholls sports gel cushions and sweet result, good support and just the right amount of cushioning. Dr S has these ugly expensive orthotic measuring machines in shops over here . . . utter bollux for the simple minded hypochondriacs but for someone with screwed up feet it's marginally less expensive that a podiatrist. But if your feet are bad you probably already have connections for orthotic support.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy