Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting from Meribel to Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know the easiest/cheapest way to get from Meribel to Chamonix and back in a day. Not too sure about hitch-hiking and can't seem to find a bus which services the route.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
speak to the winter sessions people,they are back and forth
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Two Transfers. Using Geneva Airport as a hub. Cheapest is probably to take the public bus down from Meribel and take a scheduled shuttle up to Cham. Many transfer companies around, or the public bus.
Transfer companies will take you to your door not the bus station. So if living out of town this would be best.
You take a bus down to Moutieres which links with a Tignes/Val to Geneva airport service.
You book straight through, and they organise a taxi or minibus or big bus to get you down to Moutieres, depending on how many passengers book .
Need to book a day or so in advance. You can do it online
www.alpski-bus.com
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Short of getting a lift if you need to get there and back in a day I would rent a car!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The transfer option seems a little pricey. It was about €90 to hire a car for the day (as was my thinking) so that may well turn out to be the cheapest option.

By Winter Sessions people, do you mean the festival organisers?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Astraeus, You might find your season a lot more interesting if you speak to fellow seassonaires and ask them questions, as opposed to posting on here.

I'm only saying (and you might even make some real friends)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Astraeus, ignore the moron above, he seems to get his jollies on line... no easy way to be honest DallyPaul's idea is probably only way and if your going to ski it would suck.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, Yeah, you're right, of course, sorry Astraeus

So on your precious hours off, when you are not ferrying punters to and from the airport, don't bother asking people actually around the town who might know about things - much better spending your time off on here, asking questions of the very punters you spend your days with......

In fact, to not undertake any real world social interaction is probably the best way to spend time in the 3V's. It's been a while since I did seasons, but I certainly didn't waste my time getting out and about, trying new things and making new friendships.....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Out and about this evening I shall be, asking away. There wasn't a concious decision to be on here as opposed to out there - it was 9am and seemed a quick way to get some possible answers.

Won't be for skiing, heading over to get some boots fitted and see my cousin!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Astraeus, Glad you took the post in the manner in which it was meant, and glad to see that you are not passing your spare time by living online, like so many others wink

Watch out for bootfitters in Chamonix - there're some animals out there Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Astraeus, Yes the Winter sessions festival people. Try and hook up with my buddy Iye 9, a DJ often over there, ask him for a lift. He'll bring you straight to the shop to get your boots done!!! wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy