Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet flights 25th March - 24th June 2018 released Weds 20th Sept

Poster: A snowHead
As per the title really - EJ have now confirmed flights from 25th March - 24th June 2018 will go on sale this Weds morning.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to watch out for all these posts like a hawk, and having 3 kids was always extremely grateful to the posters who put the information up.
Youngest child finished in school this summer so now have a strange, to me anyway, feeling of not having to bother rushing for February and Easter flights, just sort it out later Smile So more space for someone else.

Wonder when the other lot will release theirs ? Oh wait a minute they are still counting their pilots Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do you happen to know what time they release? Is it a 7am type thing?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Generally between 6-6.30am - at least the last batch were!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@grumpygargoyle, usually around that sort of time but their website can be erratic on flight release days.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I can be a bit erratic at 7am too...
thanks very much @intermediate,
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@grumpygargoyle, in the past, Easyjet flight prices have jumped quite sharply between (say) 7am and mid morning on release day. Might be worth an early alarm call.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers @fixx, much appreciated!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers @fixx, much appreciated!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quick bump/reminder, as flights go on sale in the morning!

Now to make sure I've worked out my own list...!

Edit: And EOSB dates are included wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They are out now (5.45am). (They were not there at 1am last night.)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Luton to Geneva currently £130 on morning of 31 March; Geneva to Luton, £70 on 7 April.

Gatwick around £100 outbound; £70 inbound.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booked!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Easter flights (for a family of four) were £1700 cheaper than the BA sale earlier this week!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm not seeing anything to southend to geneva, don't know if theyre not running then or just not released yet !! argh
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks to everyone for the information on flight release times. Hope snowheads got the best deals going but if you read this thread having overslept, fear not. Manchester-GVA at Easter was cheaper on other carriers and I logged into Easyjet at 06:15 and had gone up again by 06:30.
Good luck with the hunting
ski holidays
@grumpygargoyle, yeah quite a bit of fluctuation. Half an hour after I booked, I've just checked back on the same flights and they're now £300 more expensive (family of four).
snow report
Got the 3 I needed - 2 very cheap at £20 and £25, but one was almost £50 (just after Easter) so missed the boat slightly on that one. Ah well!

Apparently summer holiday flights going on sale next Weds, for anyone looking for those too.
Quote:
Coming up 27th September 2017
Travel between: 25th June - 2nd September 2018
- Summer school holidays
- August bank holidays 2018
snow report
In the time it took me to figure out they weren't flying from southend cost me about £100 ouch. frustrating being up and ready and then stiff faffing ! Lyon is still really cheap but transfers seem to be harder to find
snow conditions
They seem to be running less flights this winter/spring - the Birmingham schedule drops back to only a few days a week at the end of March (usually keeps going into April). Very annoying.
ski holidays
They have added a flight from Milan to Luton in the afternoon. Earlier in March, there's only an early morning flight home, which means getting up in the middle of the night.
snow conditions
Gatwick-Geneva on 7/14 April for £440-family of 4, 2 bags. Flights out cheap (but already £100 more than they were @ 7 am!), back a bit more expensive than I remember last year for the same-ish slot. Was keen to book from Southend but as stated earlier, they have stopped that route before Easter which was a bit annoying.
ski holidays
Something I hadn't realised as well is that there is a 24hr cooling off time. Not sure what their cancellation fees are but it would have been worth booking the flight at 6am and then changing it later if the Southend ones came up. Not that they're going to now but it would have given me the breathing space and I didn't quite get the flights I wanted as they'd risen too much. Having said that looking at the same ones now .... blimey. I'm going to compare prices at 6pm and look at what I saved and forget what they were at 6 am Very Happy
latest report
@snowhound, out of interest what resort are you going to and have you gone for a particular transfer company ? We're off to les arcs 31st returning 14th so I'm currently looking at transfer options. Cheers djf
snow report
Interesting point @djf. They obviously run somekind of demand based model as prices for a family of four at Easter rose from £690 at 6.15am, all the way to £1600 currently. I assume that price will come down as the initial spike of enquiries reduces.
snow conditions
@djf, we go to VT each Easter-hired a car for £170-dont mind driving, it's cheaper for the 4 of us and we can do a shop on the way (we self cater).
snow report
@snowhound, thanks for that. That's interesting I'll look into that as an option although not sure id enjoy the drive up he hill.

Wow @Handy Turnip that's insane. That's certainly worth watching as that'll help for next year.

This is the first time for us going in school holidays and it's quite an eye opener
snow report
Liverpool. Luton, and Bristol to Salzburg seem to finish on the 24th March.
ski holidays
@djf, Its pretty straight forward to be honest-we just make sure we don't have to drive up/down very early morning or late in the evening-particularly to avoid frozen roads. Last Easter we got caught driving up in heavy snow once we were past Les Menuires, but just got behind a bus and followed its tracks up the hill. Only time it's been a bit uncomfortable in 5 or 6 years of doing it. Cars from the Swiss side come with winter tyres (not sure until what date though...)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
djf wrote:

Wow @Handy Turnip that's insane. That's certainly worth watching as that'll help for next year.

This is the first time for us going in school holidays and it's quite an eye opener

I'm finding the price increase quite facinating. I've been tracking it through the morning (same flights, same times)

Family of 4 - Gatwick to Geneva (31/3 - 7/4)

6.15am - £690
6.45am - £998
7.30am - £1,600
12.30pm - £1,934

(the best price I can see from other airlines at roughly the same times is c.£1300)

I'm wondering how far they'll go before they start to drop again (I've booked Easyjet Easter flights to Geneva quite a few times before and they've always been much much cheaper, so my assumption is that they will drop when the demand spike calms down).

Just trying to gauge where the line is (i.e. if I haven't book by 6.45am, then it's worth waiting x weeks or shopping around).
snow report
Grabbed a reasonable deal from Edinburgh for the EoSB this AM. Shame 40KG costs so much, although still not a bad deal at £178 all in.
snow conditions
anyone else noticed that there is very little routes showing for STN/MAN/SEN/LTN for dates from 01 April - are they not loaded yet or have they decided to pull the plug on them?
snow conditions
Chronological story of my morning seeking to book 3 adults, 2 kids to Geneva from (somewhere in) Scotland:

5.55am alarm wake up after my son had slept on top of me for 3 hours in the middle of the night = no real sleep
6.05am flights released whoop whoop
6.07am find out no Aberdeen – Geneva route anymore. Emotion: Surprise
6.07 – 6.10am reconfirm no Aberdeen flight. Emotion: First element of rage
6.10am decide to book from Edinburgh and start process. Emotion: Calming down
6.20am finish booking process including choosing seats. Confirm price of c. £1,250 including bags and seats. A big expensive but ok
6.20am + 30 secs final check via another tab on the browser that Aberdeen – Geneva route defo not on, just incase they were being released in batches. Emotion: Second element of rage
6.21am return to confirm payment and get message “sorry but your inventory has now changed. Price is now £1864” i.e. F@CK YOUR PARTY....Emotion: Third and most vociferous element of rage
6.23am pay 1,864 well-earned pounds for a 2 trips in the air, probably with no food and overpriced booze
6.24am - 10.59am Generally pissed off
11.00am get WhatsApp from friend to say he has found much cheaper via skyscanner via Amsterdam/Paris. Find out that easyjet flight is cancellable within 24 hours for £25
12.00pm Found KLM via Amsterdam £700 cheaper and the stop over just = the drive to Edinburgh anyway....!!
12.01pm commence work....!
After 3 years of decent flights, last time I'll be toying with EasyJet over the hols!
snow report
Well thats my flights sorted for the EosB. £25 going and £6 coming back (plus the usual extras). My skis are costing more in one direction than my seat is both ways.
snow conditions
Bollox. EZ now have a perfectly time flight for the BB for £32. Didn't have any when I booked with RA and then had to change my booking as the Mrs can no longer come to Venice for a couple of days. Changing the booking cost about £80 lol.
latest report
Handy Turnip wrote:
djf wrote:

I'm finding the price increase quite facinating. I've been tracking it through the morning (same flights, same times)

Family of 4 - Gatwick to Geneva (31/3 - 7/4)

6.15am - £690
6.45am - £998
7.30am - £1,600
12.30pm - £1,934

(the best price I can see from other airlines at roughly the same times is c.£1300)

I'm wondering how far they'll go before they start to drop again (I've booked Easyjet Easter flights to Geneva quite a few times before and they've always been much much cheaper, so my assumption is that they will drop when the demand spike calms down).

Just trying to gauge where the line is (i.e. if I haven't book by 6.45am, then it's worth waiting x weeks or shopping around).
Interesting. For comparison, here's Luton to Milan, same dates, family of 4:
5.45am £443
10.00am £443 (or maybe a few pounds higher)
6.00pm £1275

So there was a much bigger window to grab the cheap prices. Don't know when the price started to rise.

I wouldn't pay £1275, because there are much cheaper flights with other airlines (BA), albeit Stansted and Linate, but the slightly shorter trip to Luton and Malpensa isn't worth £600 extra.
ski holidays
@koru, very interesting! My only assumption would be that maybe Gatwick-Geneva is a more popular route than Luton-Milan hence the demand spike was bigger earlier, hence the prices rose earlier??
ski holidays
Ok so I’m a little later than planned but my flights are now at £1474 so double what I paid. I didn’t lose 100 I saved 700 that’s what’s I’m working too. Very interested to see where they go now as I agree surely they can’t stay high like that. Hope all got your seats sorry to hear you issues @riman8 that’s rough glad you found an alternative.
snow report
@riman8, that's a painful story but glad it worked out ok
ski holidays
@djf, if you're interested, Autoeurope/Dollar doing £170 for a Quashqai/Mazda SUV cat car. +£30 for fuel, +£20 for tolls, +£60 for parking it comes in at around the same price at least as a transfer and is a) much quicker b) allows you the chance of a cheap(er) self catered shop. It might happen, but you'd be unlucky if you had a difficult drive at that time of year.

My £440 flights+ baggage were £650 mid afternoon so not quite the spike of others. BA still asking silly money in comparison for the same journey.
snow report
Grrrrrrr no flights to Salzburg from Bristol or Luton after March 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to Split airlines this year instead. Eurowings Stanstead to Munich and return flight with Easyjet.

2 adults and 2 kids with 3 x luggage came in at £375 at Easter. Quite happy with that.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy