Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apres ski in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Tignes in 4 days and wanted to get an idea of the best places to get a beer in the evening. Last year we just stayed in the hotel (melezes) and drank with the rest of the ski and board campers, but wanted to venture out this time. What can we expect when we go out? Busy? Expensive? Type of bars?

Cheers
Smag
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
smagsmith, where in Tignes are you staying?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hotel Melezes in Les Boises (sp)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
smagsmith, The taxi there and back isn't at all cheap.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
smagsmith, don't think there is much that is local to the Melezes, and probably nothing that is any better.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

smagsmith, The taxi there and back isn't at all cheap.

to Tignes Le Lac that is.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
does anyone know what time the busses run untill?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smagsmith, They don't, one (or maybe two) up in the morning, same down in the afternoon I think. They don't start running a fuller service until the resort fully opens the next weekend.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
smagsmith, they don't run at all in the evening.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are going on the 6th. Will the buses be running then?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B, snap!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
no
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booo.... well there are 3 of us travelling together so we can split the taxi. It cant be that much more that 15 euros can it?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
smagsmith, a few of us got a taxi into Tignes one night, possibly the Fri or Sat (although I can't remember) the same week last year. The Loop was vaguely busyish for about half an hour then went dead. Later we went to some club and there were more people behind the bar than our side of it. As it's pre-season I really wouldn't expect much, sorry to say. It was a job to get a taxi as well, we had to get some guy to drive over from Val D'Isere.

Having just re-read the thread title I should add this was after dinner, i.e. about 9-ish, so not sure if it counts as apres ski Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was thinking along the lines of going out after dinner, so about 9ish as you did jonm, Can you remember how much the taxi cost?

I also seem to remeber that the Hotel would drop you off and pick you up if you asked them.
snow report
I can't remember how much it was but there were at least six of us so it wasn't too bad.

I remember the rounds costing more Toofy Grin

I daresay we'll do the same again next week... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
jonm, Ooh yeah remember it well. Wasn't it two rounds and time to chuck in the kitty again ?
I dare say we will Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

Wasn't it two rounds and time to chuck in the kitty again ?

Yeah, but then we were drinking jugs of lager with 2 shots each as chasers, if I remember rightly Toofy Grin
snow report
You make that sound like a bad thing...
snow conditions
jonm,
Quote:

I daresay we'll do the same again next week..
Hope so!
latest report
The taxi was about 17 euros; the same chap came back for 2 of us at 3:00am and it was about 20 euros I think (but my memories of the return are a bit hazy). He had a minibus and I think we all were able to get in so the fare shared between us was bardly anything.

I am up for a night out if there is any likelihood of the bars being busier than last year, but under no circumstances am I going into any "discotheque" or rum bar - if I insist knock me out and carry me back.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Laughing Laughing
latest report
holidayloverxx, that's not too bad, I thought you paid a lot more for some reason.
latest report
Colin B, maybe that was my share? who knows......
latest report
Loop and Alpaka seem to be the liveliest bars in Le lac but these can be hit and miss, busy one night, empty the next. Some chalet staff have a mid week night off and this is normally a busier mid week night.

There is a bar below Les Melezes in lower Boisses run by a lovely chap called Michael. You walk down The Path of Doom which starts just past the last hotel along from Melezes. They sometimes have bands on and these can be great nights with it absolutely rammed, inside and out.

If the buses are running, apres at Folie Douce can be very lively, especially on Friday afternoons (though it may be too early in the season). This is not somewhere to drink on a budget though. This is probably the most expensive bar in the whole of EK. If you miss the lift back up to the top of Trolles, you can ski down into La Daille and get the bus to Le Lac and then to Les Boisses. You can even get the cable car back down to La Daille, if its been a big session (I shudder to think how much it would cost to get pithed in FD).

holidayloverxx, You didn't like Jack's then? Laughing
latest report
Quote:

I think we all were able to get in so the fare shared between us was bardly anything.

Always good to put money in thy purse Toofy Grin
latest report
Mind the step at the entrance to the Alpaka rolling eyes
snow report
Lavachet - TCs & Brasero
le Lac - Alapka, Loop & Bagus
Boisses - do you mean la Cordee?

Check out on Facebook what the above are doing re bands etc when you are there.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kenzie, that's the one. The Cheer Leaders played there in late March, the night before my birthday. It was an epic night and was the most full I have ever seen a French bar.
ski holidays
Last year we couldn't even get a taxi back. Ended up in the back of someones van paying 30 euros and nearly dying at every corner. All bars (except one) were dead and the beer was more expensive than Courchevel 1850.

Have a nice time snowHead
latest report
We have often found the bar at Les Melezes to be one of the liveliest about. Lots of seasonaires stay in Boisses and Brev and the bar can be quite busy from 5-7pm. With some tunes playing and some heavily embellished tales of the day's do derring, Melezes bar can be a great place to spend the evening.

The beer is also 2/3rds the price of bars in Le Lac.
ski holidays
Yes the buses do run in the evening and until about midnight. The Jam bar is sociable (small and crowded) and Alpaka more homely.

It's a shame crowded house has closed in Val Claret
ski holidays
Jerby, the buses don't run in the evening at the time that smagsmith (and me and others) are there
ski holidays
I'm thinking of going to Tignes with a group of us 5 adults 1 child but I'm a little concerned about how much the food and drinks are!! Last year i went to Flaine and it was 7 euros a drink !! does anyone know the average cost of drinks/food are ??

Many Thanks
snow report
juliebenn, 7 euros for what sort of drink? Tignes is pretty pricy in some places but there are snack places too which aren't too bad.
ski holidays
it was for a bottle of lager and 7.50 euros for a pint of guiness - it was really dear everywhere in Flaine - just wondered if it was any cheaper in Tignes cause it has more bars/restaurants
ski holidays
Quote:

7.50 euros for a pint of guiness

Well, imported booze is never going to be as cheap as the local brew.
snow report
What ?! Food & Drink's expensive in ski resorts?! Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy