Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mounting point for a symmetrical twin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just got some Volkl Walls mounted with Fritschi freerides for touring. They are a symmetrical twin and are mounted between true centre and boot centre. I have another pair of similar Volkls mounted with marker schizos which I don't like mounted forward. I ski them boot centre on piste and -1 or -2 off-piste (this is between boot centre and a mark they call freeride which is -3). When I compare boot centre on the Walls with boot centre on my other skis it is still a couple of cms forward of where I like to ski them. Is there any reason I can't mount the Walls where I like to ski my other skis or does the fact they are symmetrical effect the mounting point and I should just go with Volkls suggested mount point?

Thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy