Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo Skier - Newcastle->Anywhere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys. Just thought id put this out there.

Im an 18 year old guy and i started skiing in 2009.

I am obsessed with it and its all i think about ! LOL.

I do part time college which i hardly ever go to so i am available to ski ANY DATE.

If anyone is organising any trips and need more people to come along, i will go anywhere. Preferably France but its not important. AS LONG AS THERE IS SNOW snowHead

Being and 18 year old student i cant exactly spend £1000 on every holliday, so if anyone is organising cheap trips count me in.

I can get trains to any airport in england (have a railcard)

sa1nt3r@hotmail.co.uk if you would like to contact me.

(I hope im allowed to post stuff like this, im new to snowheads)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there mate

i'm in same situation can't afford the £1000 package. However check out this posting. As just added myself as only about £380

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68341
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey James, thanks for coming along on this trip. I now only have 1 more space available on my trip.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hey Sainter,

If you can get away early, I'm going away with a small groups / solos company to Kaprun. 24th of November for 4 days. Apparently its been dropped to £285 now and £80 for the flight. Looks really good, never used them before but hear good things!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sainter, Your problem is solved.

http://www.skiweardale.com/

As the membership for the coming 2010/11 season is full and now closed you would have to go between Mondays and Fridays as weekends are for members only.

It will cost you £20 per day and You will also need to bring your own gear, snacks/drinks,etc.

If you take the Hexham route to 'Alston' then you are perfectly placed to visit another skiing venue at 'Yad Moss' www.yadmoss.co.uk

I can reccommend a good B&B (which costs £28 for a single room) in Alston called the 'Victoria Inn' and parking is across the road.
http://www.bookdirectrooms.com/inn/victoria_ca93se-the-victoria-inn-alston/

So if you need a Snow 'Fix' before, after or instead of your wish list ski trip then propper skiing on snow doesn't come any cheaper or nearer to you than this.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cc_7up, WOW, its only a 1hour drive from my house to the weardale place! No need for a hotel.

http://www.skiweardale.com/ski/large.aspx?picture=Weardale-1-12-11-2010-09-00.jpg <--- no sign of any snow lol !

donovan7405, I am really looking forward to your trip ! I have just gone and got my bike out of the garage, its brand new, i just never used it. So im riding around trying to get some exercise in before i go!

8811513, I am going to wait till after donovons ski trip in december before i book any more. The reason is that i have m.e/cfs and i have no idea if im going to be able to manage long hollidays. If i find out i can maybe i can book late.

philmisteruk, Sigh,, i was about to say, omg that sounds a good idea, then i just went dowstairs to put my pizza box in the bin, didnt turn the light on, Cracked my DAMN BIG TOES NAIL IN HALF ! Its split off completely half way down, which i assume is going to kill when wearing ski boots. If it is manageable i will get back to you.

Phil any chance you can email me sa1nt3r@hotmail.co.uk (as soon as i know if im good enough to go or not then i can let u know on there)

Just some quick questions, Which airport are you flying from? Id have to get a train down there.
Also, do you know what its like for ski rentals down there (price)? I have just got some K2 Skis but they are a christmass present so i cant have them yet (im not 5 any more lol)

Oh got to go, im being shouted at for leaving blood on the kitchen floor ! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There will be Sainter,There will be and when the Snow comes then fill yer boots mate. Check out the site's Pics and Vids to whet your appetite.

Enjoy. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cc_7up, how much was the membership cost? and can u go as much as u want or something? i know its a bit late now but i just thought id check for next year.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How about these pics from last season then Sainter;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/k2moore/sets/72157623230406008/

Membership costs are £35 annual membership + £20 for a new member fee = £55 .
When you have your Membership card then there is nothing more to pay when you want to visit the WSC slopes.

Check the WSC website (Membership) for more information, especially the location section which gives sound advice about driving tips and essential equipment nessary for getting to/from there.

Non-members can only ski on week days and it costs £20 per day from the bottom poma tow 'Box office' hut.

Weekends are for members only.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cc_7up, Id only want to go during the week days to be honest.

How many weeks was it open for last year?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lots.

Spend a while on the website and all info' will be revealed and in fairness give the 'Yad Moss' site a good look-see too.

Be ready at both areas to ride their 'fast take off 'Poma Tows.

snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cc_7up, Im really sad that i found out about this too late ! I only live an hour away and i would be going several times a week !

What month did the membership close?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Check the website out again-Thoroughly.

Perhaps they could create a mid week only membership for the many people who missed the full membership deadline and those that also would prefer to ski in the quieter midweek days?

With this in mind,I have emailed the idea to Steve Lumb of the WSC.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy