Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chile in August

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondered if any Snowheads had plans to ski Chile this summer? If so book early as I could not get into Portillo due to international teams training prior to Olympics.
If anyone has been to Chillan would love to hear their views.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am heading to Valle Nevado in the first week of Sept, but will probably be staying in Farellones so should be a bit cheaper!! Problem with Portillo is that it seems to be entitely self-contained. Why don't you try El Colorado, La Parva, Valle Nevado as an alternative? I'm afraid I haven't looked at Chillan at all.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chillan is great the best IMHO you can get a cheap flight down the Chillan or Conception and get a cab up the hill about 1.5/2hrs from Conception, less from Chillan

Theres not much accomodation in Portilio, the cheapest being the Inca Lodge. To stay cheap you need to stay down in Los Andes a kind of midway shante town where theres plenty of cheap hotels and authentic chilean hospitality.

A word of advice. I wouldnt book any trip to SA untill the snow has arrived or they start advertising some snow depths. THe snowfall in the Andes is very unpredicatble.

Try these
www.andesweb.com
www.southamericanskiguide.com
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try these links for more info

InterPatagonia
http://www.interpatagonia.com/ski/index_i.html

Teton Gravity Research Forum
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26365
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26559
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26016

Goneboarding Forum
http://www.goneboarding.co.uk/Forum/ShowThread.aspx?ThreadID=11956
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the advice. Am watching for the first snowfall and then heading for La Parva and Chillan. Have been several times to Chile for a summer snow fix and recommend it highly. This time going via Buenos Aires for a quick tango lesson! Any advice on where to go in B A appreciated.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hope your not a Vegetarain Very Happy

I def recommend trying a Parilla (think thats the name) . There are steak baquettes that they sell at street outlets. Thing is there's about as much beef in them as you serve up for the Sunday family lunch and the cost only about $1-2.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Which Hotel are you staying at in Chillan ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gran Hotel - have friend who works for Chillan. It sounds good and cheaper than Portillo
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I stayed there. Its the best. the food is Excellent. The Spa is fantastic & they valet your skis everyday Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skilegs,

Don't know about skiing in South America but as far as BA goes - that is my favourite place in the world. (well - shared with Val Thorens but anyway....! (felt like I was being unfaithful to VT as I typed that!!))

In BA - go to San Telmo market - amazing place, lots of tango. If you're there for a Sunday that is the best day to visit the market on Plaza Dorrego. La Boca & El Caminito are worth a visit but get a taxi there and back as surrounding streets are dangerous apparently. Theatre at the Teatro Colon. Wander around Recoletto for upmarket shops. Senor Tango for a cabaret/ tango/ dinner show.

I'm sure there's a million more places in the city I loved so if you want more info let me know and I'll drag out the old travel diary and have a look at what else I loved in BA.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's started.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29915
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nightshift - thanks for the info. We are only there for one day and night so I plan a half day city tour and then dinner and tango show at Carlos Gardel - all the shows appear to be similar price. Have you been there? Is the national drink pisco sour or is that Chile?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mike - thanks for the links - much appreciated
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just watch your wallet in BA. I had mine stolen in a 5* hotel room (whilst I was in it) and they spent £17500, including going to duty free at the airport as it stays open all night. Apparently its a well-established routine-Diamonds and watches in the first hour, under £500 per item for the next 23, then supermarket shopping and fish food followed by phone cards and petrol for the next 12 months-a nightmare to sort it all out with the respective fraud departments. I'll never make the mistake of taking my bank guarantee/ visa card away again-the money got sucked straight out of the joint account before the mortgage or anything else got paid for months
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks mc8 for that advice - will warn my group.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy