Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dublin/Wicklow Mountains 2010/11

Poster: A snowHead
The snow has arrived! Thunder and lightning outside with a blanket white stuff on the ground, just enough to cover the grass, the mountains behind my house are covered in cloud but hopefully plenty of snow up there, now where have I put my skis!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes it looks beautiful here this morning. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some Photos, only some of them mine

South Wicklow today, looks like decent skiable cover

This one shows Lughnachoille, Leinster's highest mountain in distance, over 900m

The ski club this morning taken by Fattes

Blessington Lake and North Wicklow mtns

My local duck pond with fresh tracks (duck tracks!)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was up the start of the Wicklow Way this morning, walked to about 300m not really enough snow to ski yet but looking at the photos above further south the snow looks skiable.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skied military road today on side of Kippure beside the lakes, good conditions on piste (road) but still needs more offpiste (in the bog). If you are going up there would recommend 4 WD or chains, can be a little tricky otherwise!

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter Ross, lovely photos, am quite homesick. Home briefly in a fortnight but won't have a car this time so won't get much further than the DART and local walks Very Happy Enjoy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lou, There is a new bus to the mountains now and also a great hike is from Marley Park in Rathfarnham along Wicklow way and pick up bus home from Johnny Foxes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been in Howth for the past few days (back now). It's the first time I've ever seen snow there and it looked beautiful. Not anywhere near as much as those shots from Wicklow mountains but lovely nonetheless. Nice to get back to Derbyshire and find snow here too. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes I could see the Howth snow across the bay, looked fantastic, pic below is looking across Dublin Bay towards Howth

Not at all related and not even this part of the country but a beautiful photo, Mount Errigal in Donegal
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Photos from yesterday's adventure on Military Road, Could ski from the the top Lough Bray right down to Glencree, not sure of exact distance but longer than longest run in some resorts!

Freshly pisted for fast skiing

best to stay on the left

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peter Ross wrote:

Not at all related and not even this part of the country but a beautiful photo, Mount Errigal in Donegal

This is fabulous looking mountain. On the list Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes it's got a wonderful conical shape, an Irish volcano! Climbed it on my stag 2 years ago, weather wasn't as good then so not the same view.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Met quite a few Irish Volcanoes in my time Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow flurries all day with a little thaw but temps dropping again now, found my measuring tape 12cm in back garden.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lovely pics Very Happy If you look carefully you can see my mum waving from her window on the far right near the sea.
snow conditions
Currently snowing in Dublin, reports of up to 30 cm accumulations in low elevation areas of Carlow on the SW edge of the Wicklow mountains in last 24 hours.
snow report
I had to dig my car out three times in the space of ten minutes this evening, over 20cm of snow on side roads around south Dublin. But more down the western side of Wicklow mountains, see quote below from climbing.ie forum

Re: Wicklow Conditions
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »
Go for it Rurai! You'll have a ball ski touring around. Whitestown bank to Fentons is impassable at the min unless by Tractor. Donard similar, If the snows cease, I'm sure it'll be treated though. We've a good two foot of snow in the ground here since yesterday. It's ridiculous. The hills will be choked. Could always ski from the n81 though!
snow conditions
It's off the scale in Dublin now with unprecedented level of snow. Snowing all day and now 35cm in my garden. Skied to my local park, built a kicker and skied home getting the shopping in Tesco on the way!
ski holidays
Was down at the ski club this morning, nearly fully covered in well packed snow for fast skiing, no new snowfalls in Dublin today but a little light rain that has helped clear the roads. Might go for a mountain top adventure tomorrow or Sunday.
latest report
Snow a little moist today so didn't ski, however there will be a big freeze overnight and forecast blue skies tomorrow so plan a venture to Glendalough area, scernery should be amazing. Here's some recent photos.

Me in my local park on Thursday afternoon, a very snowy day

Glencree valley and Sugar Loaf last Sunday

Annacurra, South Wicklow

Dawn, Sandymount Strand, Dublin

this ones from the Connor Pass in Kerry but put it in as it's a cool photo
snow conditions
Been a great few Days Peter! Freestyle Friday was banging on Friday night and the Ski Club has been hopping all week. Here is hoping its a sign of the Winter to come
snow report
Fattes13, I was down at the ski club on Friday morning but had been to the dentist earlier and the tooth pain was too much to go back later, today's report:
Hiked Tonlagee today, amazing scene with everywhere iced in white. More surprising was the Wicklow Gap was open, ploughed and in good shape with no ice. Snow was a little crusty but a good base of maybe 40cm. Say several boarders and a few ski tourers up there also.

snow conditions
Photos from Tonlagee mountain in centre of Wicklow mounitains on Sunday, unfortunately or fortunately I'm now in Oz for a few weeks so missing the fantastic conditions, although being 28C and on the surf on the Sunshine Coast isn't bad either!

view north

near the summit

the summit

view east toward the sea

Glendalough

This one is from Monday, closer to Dublin from military road

Kippure
latest report
Had some great skiing in Wicklow last Saturday near Trooperstown Hill which is south of Roundwood. There was a huge amount of snow, way more than even a few miles further north. We found a place where we could ski from a high road to a low road and then took turns to drive back up. Luckily the snow chains that I had ordered arrived on Friday and these were essential for getting back up, and down without sliding into the ditch, even with a 4 x4. SNow had gotten an little heavy by 11am but it was great to get some turns in without having to hike back up like we had to do in Janaury up the Sally Gap.
I went for a walk/run up the Sally Gap and Djouce Mountain on Sunday, amazing weather but not nearly as much snow as in Janaury, but then again it is still early in the season.
Pics and vid to follow.

[/img]
snow report
Sally Gap Road Wicklow Dec 5th 2010
Sally Gap Road Wicklow Dec 5th 2010

Sally Gap Road Wicklow Jan 2010
Sally Gap Road Wicklow Jan 2010
ski holidays
Skiing Wicklow January 2010 - amazing powdery snow, very deep cover everywhere. Lots of hiking.

http://youtube.com/v/27EV7nsiklg

Trooperstown, County Wicklow Skiing 4th December 2010. Snow a little heavy and hills not very steep, but no hiking.

http://youtube.com/v/IautbMfbS7A
snow report
Poster King, great photos

Ireland as a ski destination?
http://www.rte.ie/travel/2010/1214/skiinginireland.html
snow report
Well played Poster King Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Over 30cm of fresh snow in South Dublin in recent days, temperatures remaining very low.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy