Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

question for the experts please

Poster: A snowHead
I have been reading the description of the new Head skis which goes (edge and wax web site)
Features of the i.Supershape Titan include:

KERS Technology: This year Head have concentrated on the all-new HEAD KERS Technology. KERS Technology works like a turbo charger that provides additional power and acceleration by stiffening the tail of the ski in outturns. However unlike Intelligence technology, KERS does not influence the torsional stiffness of the ski, KERS empowers the skis' longitudinal flex. Also KERS Technology is based on a completely new chip capable of accumulating power and keeping it in store for the right moment.
Skis experience maximum flex at the end of a turn. At this moment an active microchip releases energy into the fibres of the tail. The tail of the ski then stiffens up, immediately increasing rebound for maximum acceleration at the end of the outturn. Depending on the flex pattern of different ski models, sensors are programmed beforehand and so the more aggressive the ski has to be, the stiffer the tail will become.

Intelligence Technology: Adaptive HEAD Intelligence Technology helps your ski perform perfectly - both relative to terrain and your individual riding mode. It works by using Intellifibers positioned at 45° in front of the binding that transform mechanical impulses into electrical energy. The harder you ride, the more energy is produced. The electrical energy is led back to the Intellifibers. This causes them to stiffen up, putting more rebound and torsional stiffness into the ski.

is this all true (mechanical energy ,electrical energy,intelligence technology)?
not just a couple of planks with nice edges.
may be i am a bit of a blockhead Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They're getting so good that you can attach them to the National grid and earn money from a Mogul run. My local dry slope intends to equip with these to run the lighting.

Would it be crass to ask if this is the follow up to Last Year's WAN technology ?

Frankly, I'm not sure about a ski that stores up energy and then forse the skier out of the turn like some kind of grasshopper.

Do we need this ? Is it just the stuff they've been putting in thse light up kids' trainers ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

a couple of planks with nice edges

yep, that'll be it.

These things always remind me of the bloke I met in Verbier decades ago... a second hand 210 GS ski on one foot and a 223 DH ski (of a different make) sawn off at the rear to make a 210. He was the ultimate ski bum, the very definition of it. Skied like a man posessed, could attack anything with some style. You've either got it or you ain't.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Frankly, I'm not sure about a ski that stores up energy and then forse the skier out of the turn like some kind of grasshopper

No idea about any of Head's chips/kers/whatever that they've added to their skis, or how they work, but here's a bit of random musing...

A bow and arrow works by flexing the box out of the shape it want's to hold, then allowing the wood's 'memory' to snap back into shape, transfering the energy to the arrow which goes shooting out. During a turn a ski will also flex out of it's normal shape, and once you flex it to a point it will 'rebound' out of the turn into the next. I imagine this works in a similar way, the wood snaps back into it's normal shape transferring the energy on and out?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If only
Professor Stanley Unwin was still around to explain the advancimoe technibodely of this unique ski that makes all others redundo, but sadly he did a snufflode a few years ago. Sad

In his absence I shall attempt to explify:
Quite simply, the energy from the huffallo-dowder motion of the skier is stored in the molecubes of the Intellifibers, and then suddly released at the end of the carvus turn. Deep Joy!
All this under the algorithmimic control of a micropredecessor!. Truly remarkibold!
New users may occasionally falallop and end up upside-daddle, but through timelymost they will appreciate the viabilly of this new conceptibum.
For such advancimoe technibodely they are thriftymost on your banky balancer.

Understab?

Goodlibilode Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 14-11-13 15:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If it sells it'll be around for ages regardless of scientific merit. If the skis gather dust on the sale rack, it'll be quietly consigned to the silent death. I'm just waiting for the first ski with iTune capability - dial in the stiffness etc you want at the top of each run with your App. That will definitely sell.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink, Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, Sweet idea.

The OP quotes some perhaps silly marketing terms, but explains how skis work pretty well.
With this in mind, apply the definitions to Cambered skis. Ok they are for a different terrain than the models stated, but basically this means that your cambered skis are without all the benifits of such simple science.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thirty06 wrote:
Is it just the stuff they've been putting in thse light up kids' trainers ?

I reckon that's the truth of it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alastair Pink, I could just hear him saying all that. Brill.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob, When you have perfected that I'm a buyer Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller wrote:
These things always remind me of the bloke I met in Verbier decades ago... a second hand 210 GS ski on one foot and a 223 DH ski (of a different make) sawn off at the rear to make a 210. He was the ultimate ski bum, the very definition of it. Skied like a man posessed, could attack anything with some style. You've either got it or you ain't.

Oh come on, you know David Goldsmith was on 215's get the story right will yer ......
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chattonmill wrote:
fatbob, When you have perfected that I'm a buyer Very Happy

I don't need to perfect it - just have to licence the apple name, write an App that doesn't do anything and slap a sticker/old sim card on the ski. If your iPhone tells you your skis have just got stiffer you belive it right?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob, Hmmm you may need to work on the marketing a little rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob, will the 'grip of death' relate to how you curl your toes in the boot?
snow report
Quote:

thirty06 wrote:
Is it just the stuff they've been putting in thse light up kids' trainers ?

I reckon that's the truth of it.

Spud9, OK Iam name dropping now, but I know the guy who did that, shall I ask him if hes getting commision on these skis as well wink
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Brilliant.
ski holidays
Freddie Paellahead, Deep thankly - moistly graciousfold. I hope I was able to lift some perplexitude. wink
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, absolutely FANTASTIC! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Am I being thick or did K2 have a ski with a flashing light about 10 / 15 years ago that was meant to do something similar - was all the rage for a couple of seasons.....
snow conditions
blockhead, I can understand the concept, but quite honestly couldn't care less, what I will say though is that the Titans are fantastic skis, I've had mine for just over a month and am totally smitten with them. Very Happy
snow report
yes i agree its a fantastic ski and i would love to own a pair ,its the description i was trying to get my head round Puzzled
snow conditions
this sort off explains it to me http://www.rockymountaingearguide.com/buyersguide/head/head-skis.htm i think Puzzled
ski holidays
blockhead, I agree very good, but do most people really need such high tech skis. I wonder if they did a test with ordinary holiday skiers and they did not know which skis were which, could they tell the difference? Guess we will never know the answer to that one mind!
ski holidays
If each manufacturer`s technological advances were so fantasic, you would notice good skiers moving to that product, like in other sports and industries where market leaders emerge, and in time maybe recede. Next time on the piste, try and spot the same type of ski on anyone more than twice in a day; everyone would be wearing a true superior product, and manufacturers need to sell every year. It`s consumerism,smells of BS and 80% of skiers would`nt notice, although they might like to claim they do.
ski holidays
I met someone a couple of weeks ago that has bought a set of these.

When he described them I was too embarrassed to comment.
latest report
cstreat, A lot of the top skiers have moved to Head recently.
snow report
http://athens.indymedia.org/local/webcast/uploads/frankfurt__harry_-_on_bullshit.pdf
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ed123, Excellent wink
latest report
jimmjimm wrote:
cstreat, A lot of the top skiers have moved to Head recently.

Perhaps Head have the biggest pro team budget? I'm sure that the race room stuff they get is light years away from the punter KERS nonsense.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy