Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitter in East Midlands?

Poster: A snowHead
Is there a good boot fitter in the East Midlands? I am not aware of one in Lincoln or Nottingham. I do have awkward feet, so the boots will have to be properly fitted. These days I am less aggressive, so whilst I do not want a sloppy boot, comfort will take precedence over outright performance. Profeet are a possibility, but I would prefer someone closer to home.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@achilles, it's not East Midlands but have you considered going and seeing @CEM at Solutions4feet in Bicester? Certainly closer to you than Profeet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@achilles, I don't know any in the East Midlands, but like many others I go to Colin (CEM) at Solutions4feet in Bicester. I'm sure if you tell Colin that you have a preference for comfort over outright performance he will take that into account when doing the fitting.
As a side comment I'm delighted to hear that you're obviously intending bimbling about Madeye-Smiley on the slopes for a few more years and that you aren't hanging up your ski boots yet! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not the same level as Profeet or Solutions4Feet, but Lockwoods in Leamington Spa offer a reasonable service.

http://www.lockwoods.com/fitting-ski-boots/info_15.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well I had considerd CEM. But it is quite a drive to get to him. Though Profeet is further, I could get there more easily by train.

Not sure yet whether I will ski next year, Alastair - but it is a definite perhaps.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PowderAdict,

I live in leamington and found Lockwoods really good. If you go on a Saturday in ski season, make sure you get there early and it's a deli ticket system. If not then you'll be there a long time!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My present boots are from Lockwoods. Moulded to my feet, with foot beds. Never comfortable, despite return visits, and the efforts of Alpine fitters. If that's the best that can be done, I don't wish to ski again.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To be fair to Lockwoods, whilst my boots have never been comfortable, they have only become excruciating over a period that now seems to have co-incident with my Metatarsal arches collapsing. They joys of old age. So the new boots would have to cope with that.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@achilles, go see Graham at Rivington Alpine at Chorley, not that far and he does a great job. Book before you travel though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If Colin is too far try Ski Exchange near Cambridge.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tallington Lakes pro shop not far from Stamford is worth a try.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another vote for the Ski Exchange near Cambridge. We're in Grantham and usually call Simon to chat about options before making the trip. It's not too bad a drive but train not really an option as out in the sticks. They are open late some evenings now but booking probably required at the weekends.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all. Still dithering - not al all sure I wish to ski next season. May well give it a miss, and work out whether I want ski anymore by late summer '17. If I do, that will give me good time to sort out boots at on of the shops suggested above.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles wrote:
My present boots are from Lockwoods. Moulded to my feet, with foot beds. Never comfortable, despite return visits, and the efforts of Alpine fitters. If that's the best that can be done, I don't wish to ski again.

I grew up in Leamington, my parents, my sister and I all had boots fitted there, all had similar problems to you...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@clarky999, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
@largeyorkshireman, 9pm Wednesday and Thursday nights I think. Dropped my skis in with Simon today for servicing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy