Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Love on the slopes!

Poster: A snowHead
We've heard all about the injuries incurred by us intrepid ski folk on a previous thread, but on a happier note, did any one find luuurve on the slopes this year?
Did you meet your perfect mate in a lift queue?
Were you wiped out by the man of your dreams?
Was there any 'beaver' on the lift with you? (actual comment that came over someone's two way radio!!!)

;-) Lets have ALL the gossip!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was best man at my mates wedding last year. He met his wife in Bulgaria in 1998 on a lads holiday (shame on him). No beavering on the lift that I know of (whatever that is). She and a few of her mates were in our learn to ski group.

I knew we should never have gone to Bulgaria Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My current "love interest" is a ski instuctor, whom I met this year! Very Happy I met him through friends (also ski instructors) rather than by taking a lesson from him, although I have had one ski lesson with him, but that was before I was interested in him. Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mr Q and I were skiing on our 25th wedding anniversary in Les Gets last year. Does that count?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As of today, Mrs NBT and I have been together for five years, having become "an item" on a club ski trip to Heavenly, california (we knew eachother vaguely having been on two previous trips).

I proposed on the slopes at La Tania during a ski trip, and our best man is also a friend first made ons a ski trip.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Our guide from a few weeks ago, who I mentioned before (Zeb Roche) was on the French parapente (paragliding) team with his now wife. When they married a few years ago where they live in the Haute Maurienne, the bride (in white) and groom and all their parents arrived for the wedding by parapente from the mountains above while their friends circled around above them (also on parachutes) ringing cowbells.
For their honeymoon they climbed Everest together, him carrying a specially made, light tandem parachute which they then spread out 20metres from the top and jumped off and parapented all the way down. They had been unsure if the thin air would support the parachute but it did (though the first part of the descent was apparently rather rapid!).

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 24-03-05 22:58; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowball, Talk about a match made in Heaven!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They fell for each other in a big way.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hang about! Not so fast.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I met my man on the slopes last year (well actually an apres ski bar...) ... he proposed in October, moved to Bristol in December and we both learnt to snowboard together last week...
(and are planning a winter wedding so that the honeymoon will be in the snow!)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had our honeymoon in Klosters after getting married in January. For the last two days there was so much snow they shut the whole mountain. Now what do you expect honeymooners would do with two days no skiing? Wrong.....my new husband decided this was the opportunity to swop skis and try langlaufing. None of this mooching around the suite lark, drinking complimentary Champagne in fluffy white bath robes rubbish for him. Huh! Sad

To be honest though, the langlaufing was brilliant snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Many years ago, I used to spend more time climbing up mountains than sliding down them. Knowing that the future Mrs L was into rock climbing, I thought I'd propose at the top of a mountain. Unfortunately, I couldn't coax her all the way up any rainswept Scottish peaks, so settled for the highest 'peak' in Surrey (Leith Hill, which tops out at 1000 ft, if you include the tower)!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

courtesy Skipass.com
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
laundryman, Leith Hill (and its neighbour, Holmbury Hill) are my favourite escape spots from London - great for a day out on the mountain bike. No chance for romance there for me though as my Mrs L isn't into biking.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tony Lane, I'm often to be seen on my touring bike around there. You'd never know you were within a 100 miles of a megalopolis, let alone on the doorstep. I love it!
snow report
I don't know about finding love on the slopes, my love life is descending faster than a first timer on a double diamond black run!!!! Shocked
snow report
Helena Have you ever had your clothes ripped off???

Now thats LOVE!!!!
ski holidays
ant x, get back to 'the darkside' you dirty pervy boarder you!
latest report
Helena, 'beaver'? Steady on.
snow report
It's true I AM a dirty pervy boarder .
ski holidays
My love life has been very much like this season, slow to start, fantastic whilst it lasted, and now sadly over. I only hope that next season is better.
snow report
I haven't ventured into the Piste for some time, but I couldn't resist this post (great title, great idea), but by post 3 I was in a state of shock. My impediment reared its ugly head again (we don't like to talk about it too much). pollittcl is a lady Shocked .
Should I have known that? I'm never going to find luurve if i can't work out the sexes (or is it gender - I can never get those two sorted out).
I think, for those so challenged such as I, that our names should be colour coded: Blue for a boy, and Pink for a girl. Then in the interests of furthering the snowHeads Love Feast, those (like me and Master Orf) who are desperate could have some further indication - striped, or flashing, or something.
It would make those summer meet-ups so much more interesting. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
pollittcl is a lady Shocked .
Should I have known that? I'm never going to find luurve if i can't work out the sexes

Jonpim, aren't you asuming something? You are assuming that Polliticl is a lady, based on the quote

pollittcl wrote:
My current "love interest" is a ski instuctor, whom I met this year! Very Happy I met him through friends

you may have it completely wrong of course, california being what it is and all. Polliticl may actually ski the other slopes, to paraphrase a popular quote!

However, you do have the right of it in this case Wink
ski holidays
Jonpim, how did you ever qualify as a doctor if you can't work out the sexes Shocked wink

Bon voyage - if you really are off to Whistler now!
ski holidays
an absolute babe so im informed!!!!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 26-03-05 9:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I Accidently hit my ideal partner "firn" on the slopes!!
now were inseperable but the operation will soon cure that????

Damn NHS!!!!
snow conditions
Quote:

don't know about finding love on the slopes, my love life is descending faster than a first timer on a double diamond black run!!!!

yep, mine too...
never mind, it's all about the skiing for me. Though my mum and I do have a joke about looking out for 'fit lifties'...
ski holidays
ginger winger, crazy_skier_jules, don't know about descending I think my love life's been stuck below the valley floor for what seems like years Crying or Very sad , oh well at least I don't feel so bad when I go skiing Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

oh well at least I don't feel so bad when I go skiing

D G Orf, that bodes well for the closed season then!!
ski holidays
Something like that rolling eyes
snow conditions
I met my wife (of 9+ years) in 1991 when I was a Ski Guide in Avoriaz and she was on holiday with her sister.
We honeymooned in Salt Lake City, skiing great powder in the surrounding resorts for two weeks, wonderfull skiing but absolutely exhausted every night.
snow conditions
I once f***** my arm on the slopes.
latest report
skanky, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Actually, I did once have a couple of liaisons when holidaying in Zell am See. Both Austrian, one in Zell, one in Saalbach. The Saalbach lass even came and visited for a couple of weeks. She did some part time ski instruction there. All a long time ago.
snow report
skanky, Laughing Laughing me too. I'd almost forgotten how you made me laugh last week.
ski holidays
RachelQ, I did? Shocked When?
latest report
Mehtinks that may have been Scarpa, not skanky - for a minute there I was trying to work out who you were...
snow report
Helena, I meet my luv on the slopes everytime I ski he is usually ahead of me and first back to the chair lift. Blush
snow conditions
Snowbird, aaahh, how romantic wink snowHead

RachelQ, Does Mr Q know about this Shocked Skanky certainly kept a low profile! Laughing
latest report
PG, more importantly, if I was in France last week, who was sleeping with my wife? Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy