Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LOCATE - New Foreign Office service

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if you have seen this - but the FCO have launched a new service aimed at helping them keep tabs on where we are if a disaster (which I guess would include a major avalance) strikes

As they say on their website:

If a major catastrophe occurs we’ll have an instant record of your details so we can contact you to make sure you’re OK and provide advice.

if family and friends need to get in touch with you we can help them to find you.

it only takes a few minutes to register your travel or residence information online and the local British Embassy will know you are coming. You do not need to contact them directly.

you only need to register for the service once and then update your account when you make a new trip abroad or change your country of residence. You can even add planned trips abroad up to a year ahead

Now I guess some will think this is more big brother, but with a travelling daughter it seemed to me to make sense to register!

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/staying-safe/Locate/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimark, agree it's a good idea, and it's been around for ages - good to see more people latching on to it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks holidayloverxx

Thats interesting - and I was told it was new! Don't you just hate it when that happens!, BTW love Zell am See - learned to ski there 20 odd years ago!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think it's new - they encourage British citizens living overseas to register.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably a good idea for independent travellers and people moving abroad. Most largish (and many smaller) companies have had, for several years, GDS systems for tracking their global mobility populations. Introduced in the most part to the 9/11 tragedy. There's probably not much use company movers registering to be honest. Their companies are far more likely to have a hands on picture for specific people and situations IMO.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I registered yesterday. No confirmation email. Doesn't recognise my login or my username. A bit cr*p really. Can't be bothered trying to resolve it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michael B, PM me you details and I'll let the right person know
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Worked fine for me, id like my big brother to know where I am!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, I guess the only details you should need is my login name which is michael2216. Not recognised by their website. Tried it with capital M as well but neither worked.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK just re-registered. We'll see what happens.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michael B, let me know if it doesn't work
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sounds like a must hack website for your friendly Romanian squatter gangs. Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, It worked just fine that time. Strange, but who cares. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I find it hard to believe that following and incident like (for example) the Madrid bombing they're going to call all the Brits in Spain and ask them all if they're all right. I think they can mind their own business as far as I'm concerned.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, That's not quite how it works (I'm not part of it BTW). They will mind their own business as far as you are concerned because a) I'm guessing you won't be registered so how will they know and b) aren't you French yet? wink
latest report
holidayloverxx, their website says, "If a major catastrophe occurs we’ll have an instant record of your details so we can contact you to make sure you’re OK and provide advice." And having dual nationality doesn't mean that the British government can wash its hands of you altogether.
Laughing
ski holidays
FO Website of Doom wrote:
If a major catastrophe doesn't occur we’ll probably lose a cd-rom of your travel plans and hundreds of other citizens on the 18:23 from Waterloo, thus making your house a tasty target for the thieving romanians (well only if you've gone to France of course)

Fixed it for ya!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy