Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

super-besse / mont dore

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we are going to super-besse and Mont dore this feb, we have got a wonderful cabin booked and just wondered if anyone knew anything about these ski resorts or had any advice at all on things to do and see - I am also going to take a look at Chastreix-Sancy ski resort and it looks like my type of place - I like simple 'motorway' type of skiing and not into reds or blacks but the rest of the family are so they will probably hate the latter resort wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
poe, I skied the area regularly for a while and enjoyed it. Lovely atmosphere in Le Mont Dore itself. I have friends who ski in Le Loiran several times a season and they really like it and they have skied all over Europe and North America so they are no slouches. They own a holiday house in a village about 20kms away. The Cantal is a quite magical area and I love going to stay with them there regardless of the time of year or the weather.

They are very rural French areas, so don't expect people to speak a great deal of English. They are really pleased if you can speak some French. I like the areas very much but the ski seasons can be quite short. Prices both in the resorts and in the towns are OK and no more inflated than any where else outside of the Alps. Do try the local cheeses and the thermal spring baths at La Bourboule if you get the chance.

Have fun!

Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ah fantastic, thank you samerberg sue

we are driving so the trip should be good, we are trying to stay away from the main resorts as we are used to skiing up in the far north of finland where there are no queues, hopefully superbesse etc will be the same - we went to passy last year and found it to be good but just a bit restricted on the amount of runs for me

love the idea of the thermal springs - will be ideal after a day skiing, hopefully it won't be too far
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
one of the best places in France for Mountain bikes and mineral water.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://pistehors.com/backcountry/wiki/Massif-Central/Le-Mont-Dore
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy