Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Annual Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not really equipment but essential non the less.

I am about to head off to NZ in the summer to train & sit my NZSIA 2, then will hopefully be teaching in the US next season.

Any advice on Insurance companies. I have previously used the BMC and the cover seems to be the best. I will be skiing almost all year round and will therfore go over the one trip durantion so will need an add on. I think the BMC is comming out at about £360 with membership.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I have searched around but the next best is so much more.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to use direct-travel.co.uk but this year the SCGB insurance was cheaper.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
revolutionski, I've spent days on researching this and the BMC comes out at best price, most flexible with unlimited days skiing per trip available, and cover's pretty much on par with the rest. If you've got any specific equipment that's over their limit (camcorder, laptop etc.) you'll need to arrange separate cover, but don't expect it to be cheap.
Have a chat with hem about increasing some of the limits, they told me that they will negotiate with their underwriter to see if cover can be extended.
Where you heading for in NZ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use the SCGB insurance.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer, It's the days on snow per trip that's the bugabear for most ins. policies, the SCGB's is the same in having a 31 day limit and the club's executive policy is no better value than others on the market.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not a lot of help for New Zealand, but in France a seasonal Carré Neige seems to be a very good value answer to the "day limit" problem. I like knowing that they will not drag me to a cash point before putting me in a helicopter! There must be a lot of seasonal workers in NZ resorts, with the same problem - maybe their ski teaching association will have an answer? As with the French insurance, it wouldn't cover re-patriation to the UK but in practice the vital need is to cover the cost of getting off the mountain and getting put back together. Getting home again afterwards is going to be manageable - most short term holiday insurances assume you have a package deal with flights, and their travel/repatriation provisions are not a lot of help for independent or longer term travellers anyway.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, Heading to Lake Wanaka. Going to be skiing Treble Cone & I can't wait. It is such an awsome place.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
revolutionski, Keep your eyes open for a hairy old fart with an attiude problem (as reputed)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
revolutionski, yes, t'is. Laughing If you're going for a season, you'll be skiing more than just Treble Cone tho..... Cool Don't forget to nip up to Ruapheu in the North Island for a slide too (please say hello to the old mountain for me!)

pam w, you're right, it ain't much help in NZ (I'm happy to be corrected on this if I'm wrong). revolutionski from memory there's no Kiwi equivalent of Carre Neige or Carte Neige - actually I don't even remember getting insurance for skiing when I lived there!!! Shocked Must have been a part of the lift ticket ?? (she says, wishfully).

Word to the wise - if you do end up needing medical attention while you're there, insist on staying in NZ for it if you can, rather than getting shipped back to have it seen to by the NHS - NZ's medical system is a far nicer experience than the NHS. Sorry, but it's true.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Manda, I will just be skiing at TC & possible snowpark plus a bit of Heli Skiing Madeye-Smiley . Ruapeheu is a wee bit far to go. I did a season @ Whakapapa a couple of years ago. I wouldn't mind going back, but with the possibility of so many down days...nah

I need more than a carte neige equivalant. It has to cover all my gear, me etc. plus skiing for over 200 days a year!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
revolutionski, I'm pretty sure that there's an inexpensive local health insurance policy for long term visitors that allows you full access to GP services as well as A&E. I'll see if I can find the link. It's no replacement for travel ins. but it'll stop you needing to go to hospital to get your footrot treated. Little Angel
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I did some research last Autumn and the BMC travel insurance came out best. Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy