Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super Besse

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI, has anyone ever been to this resort in the Auverne (France). if so what is it like?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's Auvergne actually, I used to live there. It's not really very special, Le Lioran nearby in the Cantal is much nicer really. Why?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a couple of friends are looking at moving out to the Puys de Dome region and he keeps hinting that i would like it out there as well - good mountain biking apparently - and is hoping to tempt me by saying that there is skiing there
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The skiing is very good, although better on the le Mont Dore side. Some very steep lines if you like that kind of thing but it lacks vertical.

http://www.pistehors.com/resorts/massif/lemontdore.htm

Besse is a fantastic little town, very pretty, la Reine Margot used to live there and the whole area is very attractive. It is getting expensive as it has been "discovered".
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mistermouse, it's a nice area certainly, but the skiing's not up to much at all. It's fairly rare they get good snow at Super Besse really. Mostly it's just icy with very limited snow cover, it's about the highest place around for 100's of km and the wind really hits it hard. They've miles of the same wooden fences used in Scotland for the same reasons.

It's only three hours to the Alpes though so it's fine for skiing at weekends. It's a nice area to live certainly and very nice in the summer, there's a lot to be said for living there but really skiing's not really worth it alone.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
had my first ski lesson over the mountain at Mont-Dore,which has a lot more steep stuff. Super Besse is ok but lacks advanced stuff and is very small. When I skied there it was the end of the season and only two runs were open, they have snowmaking though and the snow is ok. The town is a purpose built ski resort so has all the facilities, and the nearby town of Besse is very nice, and has a ski museum there which I unfortunately didn't get to see. The Auergne's a great area for holidays anyway, with lots of other sports like watersports on the county river (can't remember the name!) and allsorts. A nice place, the Auvergne is.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers Guys, i'm going to cruise through the area this summer on the motorbike just to have a quick look. I just fancy something different, i'm bored with surrey, all i need to do is work out how to make a living whilst doing my own thing each day
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sounds like what I want to do, make a living while doing my own thing, and I'm bored with England, very fed up.Still got to finish school and college though Sad can't wait to get the hell out of England. Nobody belives me when I say I'm gonna work in skiing, but it just makes me more determined to suceed. Have fun cruising on the bike, sounds great! Good luck for the future and hope you like Super-Besse/Mont-Dore.
Julia xx
(see www.super-besse.com)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy