Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet group buy? early days, gathering thoughts & opinions!

Poster: A snowHead
Last week on our ski hol we decided we really should be getting helmets for next year, so quickly we got a group of around 5 together, then I thought surely the power of snowheads could be used here to get us all better pricing and maybe something for the forum!

So what I'm thinking is approaching a large UK retailer with country wide presence and see if they will do some kind of extra % off any helmet, if I guaranteed them x sales? Then maybe each ask person from snowheads who benefits to give something back to snowheads via a donation?

this is really early days obviously, so I'm just keen to solicit thoughts and get an idea of who would be interested.

Difficulties I guess are each person may need a different helmet, hence a good price on one helmet wouldn't be much good, secondly we need a retailer with a few stores for people to try on, and thirdly the next season stock won't be around for months!!

What do people think?

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gregh, sounds like a good idea. Perhaps you could run it past admin too when he gets back form the EOSB
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr HH and I both need helmets for next season so we might be interested....you should link up with Admin when he gets back, I'm sure he wouldn't mind adding another product to his snowShops.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I checked with a mod before posting, but yeh, will hook up with admin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gregh, It's about time we started to flex our collective muscle . . . I'm in the market for a new helmet . . . lead on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Me too. Look forward to seeing what U can do.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm in - name of the helmet I wanted last year was called a prophet but couldn't find one in my size once I'd worked out that was the right one. I have a very hot head so wanted a lightweight well vented head piece. Prohpet won.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Count me in. So long as I can try it onto my odd-shaped head first.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would be interested
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would it be easier to contact a retailer and negotiate a group discount across a range? Goodness, what am I saying Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
M Coins would be interested - but it would have to be cheaper than you could buy from the States on the internet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm in too 100& if your taking a head count
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hate to be a wet blanket but in all previous threads about helmets we have always been advised to try them for size. How do we do that for an on-line purchase ?? OK many snowHead will be able to try a selection in EB or S+R but many will not.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ian, never did I say it would be an online purchase, exactly for the reasons you state

"secondly we need a retailer with a few stores for people to try on"

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gregh, ah sorry - I misunderstood. Then I'm all for it. But we might need some sort of snowHeads ID card if it's not an on-line referral. Over to Admin when he gets back from the EOSB.
<<< EDIT - further discussion on ID Cards and other privacy issues is now on a separate thread >>>

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 2-05-05 15:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
yeh will be interesting to see what I can work out with admin, hopefully in the interests of safety we can come up with something that is a good deal.

Cathy, whilst US online deals look good, you'll need to know exactly what you want, and also add in the VAT & import duty.

Ian, Location: Kuwait, not sure if many UK retailers have branches near you though Wink
snow report
I'm up for backing something like this if it can be done.
As well as helmets, I would like to get something like this arranged re. ARVAs / rescue kit.
ski holidays
Anyone looking to buy avalanche transcevers could do no better than look at www.noahsark.co.uk. they appear to be selling them at cost price, by far the cheapest I've seen in the UK
ski holidays
cheers Admin,

I got a cracking deal when buying 5 full ava backpacks, rucksack, spade, pole, & transceiver from facewest.

Can you email me to work out how we progress this?

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
nbt, that site does not appear to have anything to do with rescue equipment. I thought I posted yesterday about this ?? Maybe not.....
ski holidays
Noahs arkl is a bike shop, but they also do snowboarding

hang on, I'll find a link to the righgt page

Ooops, the auto link software added on the trailing full stop. here's the right link to the site

http://www.noahsark.co.uk/

And this page has the Tracker DTS for just £179.99

http://www.noahsark.co.uk/shoptest/catalogue.asp?CatID=67
latest report
Decided to buy one myself following a head bang last season and have skied twice this season in it. A Giro 9.9 from Beans of Bicester - www.beansonline.co.uk. Don't know you've got it on its so light. It has ear flaps and vents that can be taken out if you get warm. If there is any drawback its that you can't just push your sunglasses ontop of your head! Small price to pay in my mind for head intact in event of accident. snowHead

Theres also a site called www.skihelmets.com which does some good surveys of the different ones and gives star ratings.
snow report
I find my Giro 9.9 excellent, but it might not suit everyone. I think that the idea of a group helmet buy is a tad optimistic by the time you've taken into account that people will need different helmets and that 10% of £100 is only £10 (nice idea though).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy