Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not that i should be spending any more money, but.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm currently on some ex demo k2 apache rangers (170s) i got a couple of years back, i still like riding them and i'm sure i can keep progressing my technique on them (happy on reds, happy on blacks as long as it's not nasty mogul type terrain, then it's just not much fun but i'm confident to get past them without any fuss), how ever i've been wondering what something a bit wider under foot would be like. Now i'm 90% on piste and my little off piste runs tend to be more on the side of the piste, just having a bit of a play, seeing how it feels. i also get dragged through the occasional park as well because the people i go away with all snowboard so i have to join in and scare myself over the occasional tame looking kicker but i'm not looking for anything aimed at this really but i figure a bit wider underfoot isn't going to hurt the landings/flookish not falling over bits.

In your collective wisdom, any suggestions of what to look for.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hummmm looking at 2 completely different skis there! for piste and mucking around off the side of the piste i would really recommend the new atomic blackeyes (Ti if you like to ski quicker)

Rocker in the tip helps in the soft stuff but also makes it easier to get the ski into turns and helps stop you catching edges!

if you want something that is more freestyle/freeride) more (60/30) piste check out things like, atomic snoops, line chronic kryptonites, scott punishers. all great do everything skis!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Dan, to be honest i'm not looking for best of both worlds just something that gives me a bit more of a helping hand in getting my feet off the nice groomed areas, but equally not some hard core powder ski that will most likely be hard work for me on the piste. i'm googling your suggestions right now Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check out the black eyes then buddy! or even the crimsons! (even though they are wider they still turn so easily!) the atomic skis are really good this year!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
my only experience with atomic was crossfires or something or other?? They were a rental but i remember them being rather nice compared the normal standard rentals i had been given, i paid £30 more to be upgraded to "premium" rental and it felt worth the money, or at least it did to me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
k2 was the crossfire! i know alot of shops used the c series as rentals and the metrons were big for a while!

Atomic have really upped there game this season! i love the nomad series of skis! (there all mountain) work very well!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
was there an xcross? they were gold and black i think, any way at the time i was impressed with them and would have got a pair if these k2 apache rangers hadn't been offered cheap to me.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sx! supercross skis, stiffer skis with gs ski sidecuts at a guess! cant remember black and gold ones! I try and forget skis past 2 seasons old otherwise i just become sad!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
at the risk of being accused of looking for a deal what about http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67548, my main concern is i've never skied anything as big as a 186.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There a nice ski! If your around the 6'0 mark you should be alright! there pretty stiff for a twin tho!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dansmith wrote:
There a nice ski! If your around the 6'0 mark you should be alright! there pretty stiff for a twin tho!

so the stiffness, is that going to mean lots more aggression to get make it turn? Also does the extra length have an effect on now much force is required to make a turn?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy