Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked for next season

Poster: A snowHead
Well we have taken the plunge. After much deliberation we have booked a chalet for 18 in La Rosiere with Ski Olympic, flying Stansted - Lyon on Sunday 19th February. 14 from the North Esat and 4 from Cornwall. This is half term week in both areas and suits all. We did try booking with Tracks Vacations and David was most helpful, Unfortunatley some did not fancy being in a different chalet, no matter how close.

The cost is £500 p/p which for a catered chalet and flights at half term is not bad. The main reason we chose La Rosiere was not because of how great we found the skiing, but because of how quiet we found the slopes at Easter. No speed merchants or snowboard loonies. There was a good deal going at La Plagne but the quietness of La Ros was the clincher. Lift passes, ski school, and food were also a fair bit cheaper.

My theory on why it is a quiet; Well for one the skiing is does not have the kudos of the big neighbours. Secondly the only access is up the Valley from Moutiers and when doing this one has to pass the turn off to La Plagne and Les Arcs or you can continue on to the Espace Killy. Why would you want to turn left up a winding track at the expense of these legendary resorts.

La Rosiere has limited accomodation, and limited development potential which combined with its above detailed limited attraction for the day makes for a quiet resort.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, good for you!!! That's right just keep telling everyone how limited it is=then you can keep it to yourself.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, Yup absolute rubbish, please stay well away.
Was hoping people could add to this thread when they book, giving us a little info on when, why, how etc
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty, glad to hear that Ski Olympic were able to fix you up. Which chalet are you in? You'll have to get some off-piste to really appreciate La Rosiere, even quieter then, keep telling the darksiders there are too many drag lifts. You're right about the value, I was just checking how much we spent on lift passes last season and La Ros is way cheaper than Val d'Isere/Tignes and even La Plagne.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We'll have to go back when we've got the apartment in Serre Che sorted out. We're definitely out there for Xmas, so I suppose thats sorted if not booked.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David@traxvax, I sent you a pm on April 20th giving all the deatils but it is still in my outbox. We are off to the Quatre Saisons. Cheap as it has 3 quad rooms. I think the number of drags is fine and can understand why the link is a drag (wind etc), but i think the resort would really benefit from replacing the Les Landellieres chair with a nice hice speed covered quad like they have in the SB pass. The rest of the lifts are fine apart from we kept falling off the Fort chair when exiting. I am sure that we shall join you some day in Le Mouflon.

PS
Do you know where Quatre Saisons is in La Rosiere (using the map on your website)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We always go the same week (first week in Feb) with a group of 26. I don't book it but the organisers know what we like. Terrain to suit all standards, ski in/out (or nearly), en-suite rooms for 2 (and no bunks - we're all past that stage!) in catered chalets/hotels, but not mega bucks. Went to Serre Che this year and going to La Plagne next year. We know where we're going the following year before we go the previous year.

They did shock us, however, by announcing that this year we were going by coach Shocked. We're still going but I've been to France by coach before (nightmare - heating broke down, toilet out of action) so a small party (me + 3) will travel by air and meet them there.

Other ski hols, for just 2 or 4 of us, we book last minute.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
maggi, I like the journey by car, but can't imagine the journey witha cold coach, and no loo!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good Choice Frosty. We will be staying in the Q S for the third year running next year during the first week in February. Totally agree about the quiteness of the slopes. Definitely its strongest suit when catering for little ones not to mention the price of the extras such as passes equipment and lessons for the kids. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi, We once took 13 hours to get from Geneva airport to Val D. Windscreen wipers broke during heavy snow - avalanche across the road to Tignes (stopped off there en route) - another avalanche ditto as we tried to leave resort. Driver said "no more tonight" but we managed to persuade him and got to Val about 5am.

Going the whole way by coach isn't worse (done it since), but is loads more tiring.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty, using the map on our website continue on past Le Mouflon, QS is in Le Gollet which is the area to the extreme left (looking at the map), it's Ski Olympic's original chalet in La Rosiere. Le Gollet is a nice quiet area and QS is surrounded by trees but has terrific views over the Tarentaise. Welsh Dan could well be your chalet host so stand by to hear what a marvellous team Wales are.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

stand by to hear what a marvellous team Wales are

Can I stop the payment? wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Do they do any kiddie care at all Frosty??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gregh, No they dont. (un)Fortunatley ours are now skiing the pants of us old uns. Esprit and Crystal do a brat watch service. I believe there is a nursery in the Village (les Gallopins or something like). David@traxvax, would
be the one to give you low down on that.

Both these companies have some cracking chalets in good positions. Robbie Earl and Warren Barton and families(EX FOOTBALLERS) were staying with Crystal the week that we were in La Ros.

I Did see your thread on this subject and put a plug in for this resort. I know you had a poor experience with Esprit, but to be fair the ones I saw with Esprit staff seemed very happy. I know they still have some availabilty .

LA ros has a couple af easy learner green runs with slow drags right next to the chalets and you can then progress onto the Roche Noir chair which gives access to some really easy and wide blues. Tetras which comes back is really half green half blue and the chair is a fast but detachable 6 man chair which is great for getting kids on and off. When your done the chalets are virtually ski back.

This year we went at Easter with a two of our best friends and kids. Kids were both just 8&9, 8 yr old had his brthday on the start day, the parents were ski nuts who had been once since they started a family and that was to St Anton with Mark Warner and childcare. They both love St Anton for its serious skiing. They virtually insisted that we went back to La Ros in 06 and stated the following reasons:
Cost
Scenery
Ski School (evolution2)
Friendliness ( lifties greeting you at 4 pm in a cold wind)
Off piste opportunities (its quiet and we even had the kids off piste)
Compact and pleasant village layout
Lack of snowboarders and reckless skiers (also my biggest fear when it comes to sking with kids) (sorry darksiders but your vision and control is not as good as that of a skier)
Skiing to Italy (adds to the ambience)
Very Sunny
Snow sure

La Ros also has its limitations:
A few slow chairs
The link to italy involves a long but easy drag
Some of the reds are not particularly challenging and a bit "samey"
The Choucas blue is a dull path (there are ways round it though) and this is a popular route home

For us all though the + far outweigh the -
If you have kids then it is a must
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, are you showing off about your holidays again? We've had words about this before. You would never catch me using this site for something so crass! wink Laughing
ski holidays
Kramer, I was going to suggest Scott Dunn but they presume that one will take one's own nanny wink . With my 2 monsters it is not wise to go somewhere too posh as the repair bills will be that much higher Very Happy
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, surely you mean one's day nanny, night nanny, and weekend nanny?
snow report
BTW I got Scott Dunn's summer brochure a couple of weeks ago. That's looking nice as well.

Did I mention that I've got a yacht chartered out of Split for a week starting Sunday? Very Happy
snow conditions
I know its not skiing but I would love to hear how the sailing goes. Dont tell me, late booking 95% discount.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, a friend organised it. Between six of us, it's not too expensive. Early May is low season, so I think that prices are a lot cheaper than they would be. There's a good rate of exchange between the UK and Croatia as well which helps if you're not using a package company.

I don't always go for a late deal, but I avoid high season like the plague! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy