Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Superbagneres (Luchon)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Been away from the slopes for a few years owing to injuries and life projects, but we've got a few days between Xmas and new year when and we have booked a hotel in Bagneres (Luchon) for four nights.

I've skiied the Pyrenees a few times over the past 20 years (Cauterets, Barages and Guzet) but know very little about Superbagneres.

Anyone care to fill me in on what to expect, I'm aware of the issues with snow reliability (hotel is flexible booking) but what else is there to know?

Cheers
Pete
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only been the once and that was about 5 years ago but from what I recall the skiing area is not so big but perfectly nice if you are happy with a small but not so busy area and it sounds like you are.

From the skiing I recall there is 1 really nice long and good run that take you down to a point where a bus picks you up and take you back to the bottom of the ski lift. Even though bus then lift is annoying, the run is worth it. I can't see that on the piste map though.

When we were there I don't know if the cable car from Luchon was there as we drove up to the skiing each day and parked up there. There might be a bus from Luchon but the cabin looks like a better option.

Luchon itself wasn't very busy as a lot of the skiers were day skiers who must have gone home afterwards. Enough restaurants to keep you entertained though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Legend. wrote:
Only been the once and that was about 5 years ago but from what I recall the skiing area is not so big but perfectly nice if you are happy with a small but not so busy area and it sounds like you are.

From the skiing I recall there is 1 really nice long and good run that take you down to a point where a bus picks you up and take you back to the bottom of the ski lift. Even though bus then lift is annoying, the run is worth it. I can't see that on the piste map though.

When we were there I don't know if the cable car from Luchon was there as we drove up to the skiing each day and parked up there. There might be a bus from Luchon but the cabin looks like a better option.

Luchon itself wasn't very busy as a lot of the skiers were day skiers who must have gone home afterwards. Enough restaurants to keep you entertained though.
That's brilliant and thanks for taking the time to respond Smile

We've been skiing Austria for the past decade, and generally look for the offbeat resorts (like Serfaus) or the big ski areas (Ski-Welt, Saalbach Hinterglem, Kitz etc.)

This trip is just to get some level of return to skiing practice and a bit of technique work, so if there's any snow then its should be fine.
Otherwise it's golf NehNeh
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've only been there in summer so this probably isn't that useful but (in order of usefulness)...

The cabin lift has been there more than 10 years to my knowledge but a friend who has a place there drives up as he finds it easier.
Nice, proper town.
The strawberry tarts from the petissarie at the end of the main street are as good as any I've had.
Don't buy a big one and expect there to be some left for tomorrow.
Don't try riding your bike while carrying one (don't ask rolling eyes )
The outdoor municipal swimming pool is very good.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@oofaafuu, pretty sure you'll enjoy it. Some good skiing and a nice town, lovely and characterful thermal baths too...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here's my thoughts about the place from the Pyrenees thread a couple of years ago: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=127745&start=80#3000735

It's right up there on my "must revisit" list.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy