Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's snowing!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Snow in La Plagne yesterday and today, down to about 1900m . . . . . the season is starting!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

the season is starting!

Unlikely....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, oh come on whilst I agree it is unlikely being quite so dismissive is a bit mean...

Snow and Sunshine, I salute your joy and optimise
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is for us with a selection of glaciers to select from - in fact it never really ended!

Powder on the Tux right now Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ishay, I'm just remembering the euphoria which greeted big early snows a few years ago, followed by the worst conditions for a long time, across big chunks of the Alps, by the time people actually got out there just before Christmas. Was that 2007? Memories are short and mine's not too reliable but it wasn't long ago. Very warm conditions meant that snowmaking was impossible and there were acres of grass where there would normally be snow. Just a few runs open in such well known places as the Courchevel Valley. Just in case anyone thinks snow falling in September has any relationship to snow falling later and run out and book those very cheap early season holidays, a bit of scepticism doesn't go amiss. I like to see it too (though I would prefer sunny and warmer conditions for my 3 week holiday in the mountains in October) but....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice to see snow tho. St Moritz cam especially white. I was disappointed to note that there is still no snow inside the Saas Fee Tourist office, it was the same story all last season, I think the installation of snowmaking mnay be the only answer Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's quite a dusting on the tops of the higher mountains overlooking Lake Geneva on the Alps side. Also according to Swiss local radio, a few mountain passes and train lines were closed yesterday due to snow in the Bernese area.

Bring it on!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not bad for September!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes my reliable source from La Plagne area (she is a farmer) has just emailed me to say snow at 1900m and it hs turned cold. Gotta like that Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Admittedly it might be a bit optimistic - but it is definitely proper, real, fluffy snow . . .

http://laplagne.livecam360.com/grande-rochette/flash/main.php

How exciting!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Plenty of snow at obergurgl, even at village level! Keep it coming.....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This was taken today on the glacier in Tignes

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, looks great! Much envy.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Going green
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jonm, Avago, some more photos here if you can bear to look at them wink
latest report
ARGHHHHH I LOOKED D:
ski holidays
Its been snowing in La Tania all afternoon.. its settling at 1800m ... wooo hooo made my day. Better get the snow tyres on soon!
ski holidays
Snow in parts of Austria as well today 16/10/10 Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
It will probably melt a time or two yet but its a start
snow report
It's easy to dismiss snow conditions. Will it settle or won't it. BUT fact of the matter is ground temps are now well below freezing which stands clear any snow now has a very strong chance of staying.

I concur, 2010/11 season is starting!

I think anyone wanting to dismiss it should maybe log into thomAs cooks forum and talk about the carribean.. Cool
snow conditions
Quote:

fact of the matter is ground temps are now well below freezing

Puzzled are they? At what altitude? Last week at 2000m in Chamonix it was a lovely sunny day for walking in shorts and T shirts. It's colder today, just about hovering round freezing at 1600m, but no way is the ground temperature below freezing below quite high altitudes.
snow conditions
Had to scrape the ice off my car this morning in the midlands, would like to think the north facing hills in Scotland will be cooling down nicely (and if they are not it's nice to dream)! Skullie
ski holidays
Super... some signs of snow. After months of summer hibernation (frequenting mountain bike forums), my itchy ski feet are back!

Now, how long til it snows in Halifax and "Another World" opens it's tow lifts!
snow conditions
In Val thorens it's been highs of zero and down as far as -8 all week.

Magic hat. What's another world?
snow conditions
Sleeting in Val d'Isere village at 1800m this morning.
snow conditions
Crispyapplepie,

http://www.mountainboarding.co.uk/ski/index.htm

It's your closest lift-served skiing!
snow report
Crispyapplepie, A trip report from a Snowhead earlier this year... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59294

My pics: http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g894-skiing-in-halifax.html
latest report
It's been really cold in the alpes this weekend and proper snow in La Plagne again today, with what looks like the start of a great base higher up. Check out the webcam:

http://laplagne.livecam360.com/grande-rochette/flash/main.php

If you can't see anything cos it's too foggy, click historic on the bottom left to see images from earlier in the day.

Not long to wait now (and I know that's optimistic wink!!
snow report
magic_hat wrote:
Crispyapplepie, A trip report from a Snowhead earlier this year... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59294

My pics: http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g894-skiing-in-halifax.html

Thanks for this...These look great, i was aware of the outdoor dry slope in Halifax but ive never been. Maybe if the snow is good this winter (fingers crossed) then ill be sure to get there at somepoint. Just going off piste here a little but ive just got my season pass for Yad Moss. A steal at £45, granted as long as there is snow.....but im very optomistic and im sure there will be. Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seasons started in some places!

http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=201&id=549
snow conditions
Great to see the snow coming, looks like some of the Alps have got a decent fall already and there's snow falling in Scotland too with more forcast over the week and into next weekend snowHead

Dusting today in the Ptarmigan bowl (third or fourth since late August but this might last!):

BTW. have never heard of that Real World place near Halifax before, fascinating to see the TR and read their site - I never knew there were any other lift served outdoors snow slopes in England other than the club fields!
ski holidays
Quote:

Seasons started in some places

well, snow has fallen, as it usually does sometime in October (look at the specially brilliant photo for October in the current snowheads calendar wink). Except at the highest altitudes it is 99% certain to melt.
snow report
^ very true!
ski holidays
didn't it all start a bit earlier last year, I remember end of september beginning of Oct being snowy. Meant to snow down to 800m on wednesday...but yes probably one of the many false starts for the season as always.
snow report
surfstar wrote:
Seasons started in some places!

For a number of snowHeads the season started three weeks ago Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy