Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestriere Trip Report, Hotel du Col, 2006

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes I know it's 4 years late and not in the correct format, but hopefully someone might find it useful.

Just back from a week starting the 15th of January. Sestriere and the rest of the Vialattea is indeed getting ready for the Olympics, which is now 3 weeks away. Getting ready as in still building things and working flat out to ensure that there is snow on the Olympic Pistes. The Olympic Pistes were closed during the week and only opened on the Saturday, but once open, what fun they were - fast and a little icy. Sadly not enough snow for most of the runs to be open, and the snow cannons etc were all concentrating on the Olympic Pistes.

The links to the other resorts in the Vialattea would have been better with more snow, but a day out in each of: Sansicario, Sauze D'Oulx, Cesana and Montegenevre were well worth the visit. Especially the long empty slopes of Sansicario. We stayed in the Hotel Du Col, which has a great location, food was ok, rooms ok, bar ok.

The cafes and wine bars around it however were much better value and full of Italian culture (as opposed to the hotel bar packed with other package guests). The resort itself was quiet in the evenings, with a few bars and cafes open, but that suited us just fine. Sauze D'Oulx seems to be much more lively (if you like your lunch accompanied by a live DJ set) from our 1 day skiing there. My advice? Don't visit a resort 3 weeks before the Olympics, but I would recommend a visit to the Vialattea area.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy