Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leaving it late to book-is it very risky?

Poster: A snowHead
Me and a mate are looking to go to Val D'isere in early April, but most things are a bit expensive. If we were to leave it until about 2/3 weeks before we leave, would we stand a good chance of finding some good late deals? Anyone ever done this? Did it work?
Thanks, Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No problems just under two weeks before is the best time for bargains and still be able to be pretty sure of getting in. April pretty easy to get in anyway but avoid Easter as that gets pretty booked up and is more expensive.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for the re-assurance! Do you know what date Easter is this year?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good Friday = 9th April
Easter Monday = 12th April
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As long as you avoid holidays/half term you should be fine. A number of people over at the other place managed to get great deals up to 12 hours before departure! Especially with flights (and car-hire) already booked to somewhere vaguely central like Geneva, you can often find last-minute accommodation deals that are frankly ridiculous.

If it's a late deal, be careful of allocated-on-arrival, unless you know the exact resort you're off to. Even then be aware that descriptions such as "Chamonix/Argentiere" accommodation might be a good 15 minute drive from the white stuff itself!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This thread had gone rather off topic into "Finding The date Easter falls on.......... ".

I've taken the liberty of splitting that section off to its own thread on "Other Stuff".

Now then, back to the risks of late booking! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris_5000, in April 2003 I booked Val d'Isère (apartment in a chalet) two weeks before departure. This year I booked 3 months ahead and got an identical-sized apartment in the same chalet, same owner, for about 20% cheaper than last year. Deflation has come to Val d'Isère? Both times I booked with the centrale de réservation through the www.valdisere.com website.

FYI - French schools' Easter vacation runs from April 3 - May 3 this year. The Parisians hit the slopes April 10 - 26.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The only time leaving it late is risky is if you leave it to 1 hour before departure to book the flights, and you live 2 hours from the airport. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
The only time leaving it late is risky is if you leave it to 1 hour before departure to book the flights, and you live 2 hours from the airport. snowHead

Thanks Fox, best to book it near the airport then.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am hoping to go again in March and haven't booked anything yet. Though, I must say I am getting twitchy. Our friends are moving house this weekend and can't think of anything until they have got that out the way. I am trying not to panic about every single chalet in European ski resorts being full! Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Beverly, have a look at our website www.tracksvacations.com we've got some availabilty over the next 3 weeks and we give a discount to snowheads. Ther's great snow at the moment.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David@traxvax, I just got a 403 Forbidden error when trying to access your site. What has Masque done to it?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Me too...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fox, Masque has built a new website, we're setting up new acconuts with oor host service and its due to go live today. Otherwise Masque will not eating the same food as the rest of us next week. You can view it on www.amicis.net/tracksvacations, if you spot any typos let Msq know! I'm off now back on the 9th March.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
take the comma off the above link or use this one ......

http://www.amicis.net/tracksvacations/
snow conditions
DB, thanks, my dsylexic typing skills showing through again.
latest report
This week has possibly the best conditions in France known for about the past 30 years and more snow is forecast - BUT there are still holidays available - WHY???

They are not expensive either, the deal price is £279 for La Plagne or Meribel - en suite rooms in nice catered chalets includes flight and transfer from Gatwick to Grenoble. Call us as Ski France now on 0870 787 3145 depart LGW at 13.30 or 14.00 tomorrow!
admin wrote:
By Arrangement with Cathy at SkiFrance declare yourself a snowHead and give todays date(12/03/04) when booking for free ski carriage or £10 discount
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy