Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix :D

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Well i doubt anyone on here will remember, but about 12 months I posted on here asking for bits of information on property rentals, relocating to the slopes probably repeating questions that have been asked a 100 times before.

Our plan at the time was to rent out our house and try to move to the Alps.

Since then we've made a few adjustments to the plan and put our house on the market. We've actually accepted an offer on the place and were now hoping to complete in the next 3-4 weeks.

I've also managed to negotiate a package with my employeer that will allow me to work from anywhere I want, so essentially were just waiting for a completion date and were good to go Very Happy

I'm sure you can imagine how excited we are at the whole prospect! The only thing left to do now is find a rental property in and around Chamonix so if there's anyone out there with something around the 600-700 mark give me a shout Very Happy

One more thing...thanks to all the help info and advice offered all those months ago, it really was helpful Smile

thanks
Pete
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cantridepete, Going green no help on the rental properties, but enjoy, you lucky so-and-so's!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one Pete

Can't help with a place but try Cham74 or Chamserve, you won't get much in Cham for 700, (an 18MS Chamsud studio) but if you don't mind being out of town you might.
Interestingly you can often get an apartment for a whole year for the same as 5 months!
Good luck.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks jbob, yeah, i've registered on chamserve and got a couple of viewings lined up via cham74. Cham74 seems to be the best place on the web and we'll go though the petite announces when we get to town in a couple of weeks to view places.

fingers crossed Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When you are in town Lamy often has stuff plus on the board at the Maries office and in the supermarket. One problem you might have is that if you do it "officially" it can take weeks!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
really!? i was expecting to be able to hand over a deposit etc and move in a week Sad at least i know now rather than later i guess, we've still got over two months before we would actually move and dont mind paying for a place before then to secure it Smile

cheers Jbob
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's not much for a week of rental in Cham, especially at the start of the season with everyone's hopes up high, unless its somewhere very small.

I hope you find somewhere and have a good time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy