Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holiday 2012 - any ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Looking at going away half term feb 2012.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
based on the following:

7 adults + 2 kids (5 and 7)

Nervous beginner to intermediate and 1 boarder.
Dont need access to miles and miles of piste,
would love ski in/ski out
not bothered on country
like small village, resort
easy transfer from airport (max 2 hours)
self catered
lift passes that dont break the bank

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shatters,

Hi Shatters, Welcome to Snowheads.

I went to Geilo in Norway last year and stayed in a catered chalet with Neilson. It ticked most of your boxes, so you might like to have a look at them. I can't comment on lift pass prices as I didn't use them. The alpine skiers in our chalet said the instruction was good, and the pistes really quiet and good for beginners. There seemed to be lots of families having a good time. They do self-catered chalets too, but catered worked out cheaper for us.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shatters, Hi,, I think that La Pierre Saint Martin should be nice for you, a small resort in western pyrenees with bigger skiing that U can imagine.
http://www.lapierrestmartin.com/pyrenees/-All-about-skiing-
There is a couple of airports less than 2hour from there, and its realy nice a familyresort, and dont take care about the low alltitude, it use to be snowsure from xmas to beginning of april.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shatters, welcome to snowheads. snowHead La Pierre St Martin looks nice, but maybe a bit limiting for your intermediate - not many runs. You could have a look at Les Saisies which ticks all your boxes. There are loads of ski in/out apartments, from luxurious to basic, but you would need to book well in advance because the UK half term always coincides with one of the French holiday weeks. But the French agencies won't start booking for next winter till June/July.

Only disadvantage is that anyone wanting to have group ski lessons would need to be able to speak a bit of French - or feel very left out, as most customers are French. But private lessons are good value.

Anywhere in France will be very busy at that time though. Austria might be quieter, but it's not so easy to find ski in/out apartments there. There are some Austrian-based Snowheads who might be able to point you in the right direction.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shatters,
where ever you go - book now or at least by the end of March (this year for next year).

Look around the web, pick somewhere you like the look of and go there.
Ignor anyone who mentions DIY / gaffer tape / sandwiches for lunch / flying via reykjavik to save money / etc
Don't worry if later on your see the same place for less - as long as you're happy at the time of booking
Go with a "I'm going to enjoy myself mindset, and you will"
Take your time for the moment but don't forget to book by the end of March to get the place you want
enjoy Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, La Pierre St Martin is better than its looks on the maps for the slopes, I was very surprised when I was there, I think also they have the best skischool in the pyrenees, And U know its not the number of lifts that make a good skiresort all the time Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy