Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jackson

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Best time to go? Thinking about going early Feb. Accommodation sorted (staying with a friend), but any other hints and tips? Travel also seems a bit of a pain, 2 changes according to expedia, is there a better way?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How long you going for?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr John, i looked on www.netflights.com , there is a route Heathrow direct to Chicago on BA then American airlines direct from Chicago to Jackson Wyoming (BA and American are partner airlines), but on the outbound flight you would have to stay overnight in Chicago (but return flights are same day connection). Currently about £550 return in February 2011. Hope this helps. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mike Pow, depends on various circumstances, but a week minimum up to 2 weeks.

Alastair Pink, that helps a great deal. It was the route suggested by my friend but not offered by expedia, will check it out, thanks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
on netflights found a 2 stopper that gets me there the same day, although an evening in Chicago isn't exactly the end of the world either. Can't find a specific ski carriage charges on their web sites, any idea how much I'm going to be fleeced by these clowns for total of four (or six) flights?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just found BA flights for £501 return from Scotland. Definitely worth a look about. There was loads of good last minute package deals for JH the season before last (I didn't look this year). Might be worth hanging on if early Feb isn't a particularly busy time. Spending 30 hours travelling puts me off a little.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scotia, normally, yes, but was thinking about going all in and treating Mrs Doc (and myself) to a night in the Chicago blues clubs. I've not skied in the US/Canada before, and am (just about, after many years and hideous expense) good enough to appreciate Jackson's steep and deep, and with free accommodation, so I thought I may as well blow the doors off.

I've read all the appropriate web-sites, but any special SH tips? How tricky is Corbet's Couloir exactly?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you want the gnarly stuff, late February. In bad snow years, the double blacks might not open until mid-Feb, and, as much of the resort is south facing, March or April could mean spring conditions on the lower slopes.

Dr John wrote:
How tricky is Corbet's Couloir exactly?

I wish I could tell you. It only opened on the first day of my trip to Jackson, and I missed it. Every day I skied to the edge hoping for a miracle but it remained stubbornly shut due to a large exposed rock in the landing zone. I don't think it's as hard as it's made out to be: I'm no expert but had it been open I'd have certainly given it a whirl, as would my 14-year-old son. I'd have given myself at least a 50% chance of a spectacular wipeout, though.

IMO, the best skiing is below Rendezvous bowl, and you don't really need the tram to access it - laps of the Sublette chair were my staple diet. My favourite run was the second Alta Chute, but there were also some pretty interesting lines on the Expert Chutes. One easily overlooked place that's a 'must explore' is the Casper Traverse (ignore the name - it's actually a tight, narrow bounce through the trees that's guaranteed to bring a grin to the the most jaded skier's face) and the various wooded drop-offs to the right.

Enjoy. It's a great place.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
there's been a bit of discussion about corbets on here before and there's tonnes on epicski.com

from what i've seen it's only the entry that's extreme and it's a bonus getting past the first few metres upright!

http://youtube.com/v/T6-IVPOANW0
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny Jones, cheers. Mid-Feb seems to be the sweet spot, because I've read elsewhere that the snow on lower slopes can get very slushy by late Feb/March. I'm certainly going to have a look at Corbet's with the aim of kicking it's @ss (i.e. plummeting down it in a barely controlled fashion), and like you I recon I'm 50/50 for a stack of epic proportions.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy