Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When do manufacturers start giving out info about new season's gear?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know when the different manufacturers start releasing info about their new skis (i.e 2005/06 season)
Is there a general time when they all start to promote their new products, or does it vary?
Cheers snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What do you want to know?
If you check out EpicSki.com, you'll find several threads about next year's models.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris_5000, the full flood of manufacturers' new products are unveiled at the trade fairs in Feb and Mar preceding the winter in question.

The manufacturers try to embargo information before then so that sales of the stuff in the shops isn't affected, but trusted distributors will have been told initial plans for 2005-6 products in autumn 2004. For months before trade launch a lot of discussion and product planning/naming takes place. The US distributors are obviously particularly influential on European brands.

For the consumer, manufacturers are unconcerned about advance publicity, which is why you hear little via 'official' channels in the spring. The big consumer push is timed just a couple of months before sales reach their peak in November-January each year.

As Fox says, the internet is unleashing unprecedented amounts of info. to consumers much earlier than in the past. That trend is bound to continue, probably with full comparative ski tests on-line 6-9 months before the stuff is widely available in the shops.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that info WTFH and David Goldsmith...
So, at what sort of time will the manufacturers put their new products on their web sites-i assume they wait a short while after the season has ended?
The reason i ask is that i am looking to buy a new pair of skis before the start of next season, and just want to be able to read reviews/comparisons on different skis etc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris_5000, they'll start in July or August. You won't get many official reviews until August, but for unofficial ones, you just need to ask around the net, but you need to give us a clue as to what you are looking for!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haha sorry WTFH Laughing

I'm basically just looking for an all round freeride type ski, which will be suitable for a 14 week instructor course. I'm really looking at either Rossignol or Salomon, as i am able to get a 50% discount on all equipment from both these manufacturers. The B2 or 1080 seem the obvious choices, but next season's B3 also sounds as though it could be interesting-do you know of anywhere where i could get reviews of these skis on the net-i've looked on epicski.com which was helpful, so cheers for that link...

Do you know of any other good sites where i could get reviews of next season's skis?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris_5000, try this large Australian forum
http://forum.ski.com.au/scripts/ultimatebboard/ultimatebb.cgi?
Since their season is just starting you might get reviews and opinions on there before the US/European testers get going.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris_5000, Have a look on my blog www.revolutionski.co.uk

There are no reviews but there are links to lots of pictures of next seasons boards. Mainly twin tip & freeride, just enough to wet-your appetite.

Also have a look at http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-8.html plenty of gear chat!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are clearly some of the 2005/6 Rossi Bandits around already - I spotted a pair of the B2s (I think - anyway the blue ones) at the Dix Hut half way along the Haute Route the penultimate week in March. I didn't talk to the owner (a thirtysomething scottish lady) long enough to get a review of them (other than great). BTW she wasn't in the trade, she did tell me how she'd got them but I've since forgotten.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GrahamN, I saw a couple of pairs of the new B2s around at the beginning of march. I'm quite glad really, because it means that mine are less nickable.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy