Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

solo skier looking for group/buddy mid-Dec

Poster: A snowHead
Good intermediate skier 41, looking for ski buddy or to join a group early - mid Dec ,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulmann, A few of us are going here with Snowcoach on the 12th Dec http://www.snowcoach.co.uk/page.php?id=30&pid=3&mpg=fantasticresorts you can fly or drive out, they also do guiding and ski safari included.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linds, my friend has a place there, I have skied it quite a few times. Very nice place, but not sure what will be open that early. Please post and let us know. Thanks. Have a good trip. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hi,
I'm a solo skier too and am looking for a group to join ... just came across your post. How big is your group? Are you taking the coach to St Gervier or Val Cenis? Have you been there before in December - are these resorts high enough for so early in the season? - Sorry about the long list of questions...
Cri
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chri, Have sent you a PM with some info.
The attraction to St G is that Snowcoach do a Ski Safari and have a coach in resort so if there is no snow they will take you to the nearest resort with snow as part of your lift pass deal.
Various resorts open at various times that week obviously snow dependant and I havent got a crystal ball so it is a gamble Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
paulmann, chri,
If you are still looking for a group to holiday with, check out Powder Junkies meet-up - we are exactly that, a bunch of solo skiers and boarders all keen to book a holiday with a group. We already have a Decmber trip planned (plus 2 in Jan), maybe you'd like to join? http://www.meetup.com/Powder-Junkies/ or we're on facebook too: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/pages/Powder-Junkies-UK/156718834370106

Best wishes
Natalie
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks very much, Linds and namford - will look into this! - Linds, what's a 'ski safari'? I'm intrigued...
chri
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chri,
Quote: Ski Safari
The “door to door” Ski Safari service provides a no-hassle opportunity to enjoy a wide selection of ski areas on our weekly programme.
The combination of our coach and minibus in resort offers a flexible and superb service for all our clients. As an alternative, you can always take the Mont Blanc rack railway, which starts near to the hotels.

http://www.snowcoach.co.uk/page.php?id=75&pid=30&mpg=fantasticresorts

It gives you the oportunity to try the other resorts around the area. They drop you by the lifts with a guide (not-off piste) and collect you at the end of the day and this is included in the price of the lift pass bought from them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blimey, you are very optimistic choosing St Gervais in mid December. If snow is bad or even just normal for that time of year you won't have much as low as St Gervais and your only option would be Grands Montets in Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mmm. Even Les Contamines (which is normally a reasonable bet for snow) only opens on 17 December. Flaine is reachable and opens a week earlier. I agree it's extremely early for an area with generally low altitude skiing but the Snowcoach system does work pretty well.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Me and my son, are heading for St Anton Austria, snowHead in mid December to do some boarding. Im 45 and will be getting up early to hit the slopes where as my son will be 21 whilst we are away and looking to party! You would be welcome to join us.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey!
Mid-Dec.???? I'm up for a trip. 55, 30 years experience. Happy to share, to avoid costs, as going out three times this season. Know Anton, Tignes, Val, Trois Vallees, very well, so useful to know. Straight as a dye, and like a couple of beers. Don't snore and always buy a round. Happy to ski anywhere with anyone.
Serious to book soon. Seen trips for about £380 to above resorts catered chalet, ewoodhams@hotmail.co.uk. Regards.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, I'm booked on a ski trip to Kaprun from Wed evening Nov 24th to Sunday evening Nov 28th with a rgoup of singles and solo's and I know they had a couple of places left if you can get away from work a bit earlier. Kaprun has guaranteed snow as it's really high and I know the resort is already fully open. I'm going with Skibreaks who are a .co website - they have asked a couple of their customers to join Snowheads and let other people know about this trip. I'm new to this, but what a great site for sharing info. I think the company we are skiing with also have other weekends and weeks booked.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guys, i have 1 spot left on this trip.

please get in touch

ALL INCLUSIVE SKI TRIP: £595
Courmayeur , Aosta Valley, with availability at the Residence Universo for the week departing December 17 and returning on the morning of December 24 ( 5 days skiing ). See www.free-me.com for details.
I need to book this very soon so please get onboard!

My trip is complete as a package:-
Coach travel (or fly and get a free transfer!)
Breakfasts on outbound and return journey
Comprehensive Insurance
Courmayeur Lift Pass
Hotel Half Board
Luncheon vouchers for mountain restaurants
Ski & Boot hire
Apres ski activities to suit the nature of the group
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, I am also a solo skier (well ex-skier now boarder) - male in early 50's, who would like to join a group for a week in early Dec (10th-17th). My family aren't interested so will be in Paris while i'm on the slopes. I'll be arriving in Zurich so anywhere that's reasonably accessible from there. I'm and intermediate to advanced boarder and happy on most except very steap slopes. Would love to join up with some like-minded people. Thanks Peter.
ski holidays
Thanks Pete, I will keep you in mind for this years 2012 trip
ski holidays
Hi I'll be looking to take a late booking pre Xmas or January but will be leaving it to see what the snow is like
snow report
plv01 wrote:
Hi, I am also a solo skier (well ex-skier now boarder) - male in early 50's, who would like to join a group for a week in early Dec (10th-17th). My family aren't interested so will be in Paris while i'm on the slopes. I'll be arriving in Zurich so anywhere that's reasonably accessible from there. I'm and intermediate to advanced boarder and happy on most except very steap slopes. Would love to join up with some like-minded people. Thanks Peter.

Hi peter, have now set up this years trip. from 17 to 23rd december to tignes. £576 all in (incl transport). mail me if inteinterested.
Voucher codes are as follows:

When you book, use the codes below as it is cheaper than the list price.

Ski or Snowboarders £576 Voucher code DSTIG-01

Ski Beginners £593 - Voucher code DSTIG-02 593 (Beginners must take the beginners course....no discussion - that's full time instruction, so a bit of a bargain).

CLICK HERE TO BOOK http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/hol_tignes_UCPASkiorSnowHalf-TimeInstruction_17-12-2011_0.aspx

(alternatively search for the dates (17 December) and Tignes resort on action outdoors website to find it. Then enter the voucher/Promo code!

Any hassles, email me donovan@free-me.com 07940521148.

Dates:

17 to 24 December 2011

We will depart London late 16th Dec (19:00) and should be able to ski on the Sat afternoon.

To get home before Xmas the coach will leave the slopes a day early. So the coach trip will be returning on Friday 23rd in the afternoon to get us all back before Xmas. It will mean 6 full days skiing.

Where

As it is early in the season, I have booked a resort with access to a glacier, has a large ski area and has something going off the slopes as well.

Tignes has the best ski area I have ever ski’d. I would go there every year but the fact is, it is usually too expensive to do so! This year it seems we have hit the jackpot! It is huge (265km), you can ski over to Val D’Isere, get an express funicular to the top of the glacier at 3500m from resort level, which in itself is at 2100m. The UCPA is ski in ski out and is situated a short rope tow from the front door. You can ski back. This resort caters extremely well for all levels. There is plenty for all to ski. It is so vast that is able to be very beginner friendly as well. Has loads of fast lifts, long cruising runs and is just the best place I have ski’d. It has decent shops, a few bars and generally a very nice place to ski.

Accommodation:

Again, we are off to the UCPA as they offer fantastic value for money and we get entertainment, subsidised bar, lessons, ski hire and loads of brilliant food! Some rooms are twins, others in fours. Last February I stayed in a twin with a balcony and en suite facilities. So it will be mixed size rooms. More later though.

Costs

Only £576 for everything. Lessons, transport, glorious food, ski and boot hire, accommodation and a full Espace Killy Lift Ticket. Everything. I have finalised a deal with Action Outdoors for this package to Tignes, provided we get 40 people going and are able to pay deposits within a month. I will send out a voucher code soon and you then use it to book yourself on the trip. Any questions please get back to me.
ski holidays
Hope the 36 people sign up for Donovan to go for free. See website for details.
ski holidays
Oh I wish. Actually I dont get a free place, and I don't need 36. Whoever joins joins until a certain date. I go for half price as I do this for fun and know the owner. As the trip discount is passed through to the group so that its cheaper and more value packed than similar trips. You coming then?
snow conditions
Fair play. I wish I could but cannot get a week off before Christmas.

If I am
Lucky I will get a weekend in Tignes this year.

Good luck with filling the last slot.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy