Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stansted-Chambery Sunday Flights Pulled for 2005/06 Season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Recieved a letter from Crystal yesterday -

Quote:

All Sunday and Monday flights to Chambery will now be operating on Saturdays and whilst the specific accommodation and price, along with any ski equipment, pre-booked ski tuition and special requests will be transferred to Saturday without amendment, the flight times will now operate as follows:

Stansted/Chambery 07:00-09:40 replaced by GATWICK/Chambery 06:00-08:50
Chambery/Stansted 18:10-18:50 replaced by Chambery/Gatwick 15:50-16:40

So beware if you are browsing the Crystal preview brochure and fancy a Sunday flight from Stansted... you won't get it!

If you've booked already, then you'll no doubt soon get a letter offering change/refund without charge (which is what I went for... see next topic!)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go from Southampton instead.
Crystal/Thomson have an arrangement with Flybe.
Same time on train getting to Southampton airport c.f. London airports - 1hr from London Waterloo.
At Southampton airport the train station is right outside airport entrance.
Southampton's a much more pleasant airport (smaller, for a start) than London ones.

Which won't help much if you happen to live near Standsted, of course.... Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flybe do daily flights to Chambery from southampton during the ski season, cheap and excellent service when I went that way.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, not sure they were daily but agreed a good service and quite cheap. £83 return incl all taxes and other charges in late January. Unfortunately, the service stopped too early to be of use for the EOSB Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Season before last (2003/2004) there were multiple daily services to Geneva, which is probably what easiski's refering to, and Cham flights were started for the ski season only (Tue/Thur/Sat/Sun if I recall). It was going to be fantastic for us down south, then Flybe took note of the skiing holiday patterns, and seem to have realised they can rake in some serious money from the TOs during the ski season and "interestingly" as soon as the TOs shut down their skiing hols for the season, so do these Flybe routes.

Flybe repeated the Cham flights this season (2004/2005) and the Geneva service got knocked back something stupid to like just Sat/Sun (I'm not even sure if it's still running outside the ski season...) reducing to just Sat/Sun towards the end. As kuwait_ian, discovered.
Sigh.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We had that problem last year, flight stopped to GVA before the kids Easter holiday. More choice now though as we have a daily service from NEwcastle.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Manda, No I went on the first S/hamton to chambery trip of the season complete with civic reception at Chambery! I may have been wrong about daily, but that was my memory of the booking.

they all stop too soon - fault of the pesky British TOs.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I was looking at booking Southampton - Chambery the flights were on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday (2 flights?) & Sunday. Cheapest Southampton - Chambery was on Tuesdays, and cheapest return on Thursdays. The last flight was on April 16 so no use for EOSB.

On another point, FlyBe told us Southampton - Toulouse would cease running by the time we wanted it. What they didn't tell us was that Southampton - Perpignon would open up to replace it. That route was announced 3 weeks after our inquiry and after we had booked BA from Gatwick. I think the problem is that these cut price airlines have to be very flexible on cutting under used services, trying new ones, and indeed, cutting out airports whose landing charges are too high. I can believe that the airline itself doesn't know which routes it'll be using in 3 months time, let alone in a year's time.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pete Horn Toulouse???? Really?
And so far the Perpignon route is summer-only.... not exactly helpful for le skiers, n'est pas?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We were booking in advance for a summer boating holiday in the South of France, nothing to do with skiing on this occasion. Just highlighting the way the routes change & even their sales staff don't know what will happen.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy