Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report - Winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
Ski Club of GB reports:

"The Grande Motte glacier opened again on Saturday for skiing, and conditions are reported to be good thanks to cool temperatures up at glacier level combined with sunny skies. Here's to autumn skiing!

Instead of the early starts and finishes we all associate with summer glacier skiing, the Tignes glacier is now open to ski on for a full day, from 8.30am to 5.30pm (last descent). An adult ski pass will set you back €32 and €26 for a 1 day child's ski pass."

Can any snowHead give us a current report? Snow cover became very marginal/verging on desperate by late August - has it improved much? Tignesnet.com is currently reporting that about 20cm of snow has fallen (so far) in September Little Angel .

And is the skiing really open as late as 5.30pm - or is that the last train for sightseers?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a video update & a few pics on http://www.latania.co.uk/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A pity he was just talking.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball wrote:
A pity he was just talking.

Indeed, I was hoping for some 'action' shots....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From what I can see from my window (which includes Mont Pourri at nearly 3800m!) there is feck-all new snow in the Tarentaise. Weather is still warm & sunny and I'll be going mountain biking again today!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a look at the web cam yesterday and it didn't look very inviting. I'm guessing they had a hot Summer ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was scorching this summer in the Tarentaise. Regularly 35° in Bourg Saint Maurice plus there was minimal rainfall - can't remember riding in the rain more than 3 or 4 days all summer (I'm a bike guide and ride every day!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict, quote "And is the skiing really open as late as 5.30pm - or is that the last train for sightseers?" The last funiculare down is 2-45 first up is 7-30

Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hello all, first post on here.
Anyone been up on the Glacier recently? Considering a trip over in a couple of weeks, but as mentioned above the webcam shot doesn't look too tempting...

cheers
Paul
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We are booked to come to Tignes 12th December. We came the same week last year and even had to dig our way out of the chalet such were the levels of snowfall. In fact, I recall passing a very happy morning at the wonderful Alpaka when the lifts were shut due to 'too much snow'! The walls of snow leading to the Alpaka's front door were incredible. Please don't tell me last year was a 'one-off'? Sad

Am keeping everything very firmly crossed that the snowgods don't let me down snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bluebell, is quite correct. It was harder getting out than going in, I recall!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
noggy, Ah, I recall taking that picture!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bluebell wrote:
We are booked to come to Tignes 12th December. We came the same week last year and even had to dig our way out of the chalet such were the levels of snowfall. In fact, I recall passing a very happy morning at the wonderful Alpaka when the lifts were shut due to 'too much snow'! The walls of snow leading to the Alpaka's front door were incredible. Please don't tell me last year was a 'one-off'? Sad

Am keeping everything very firmly crossed that the snowgods don't let me down snowHead

I would say it was a very good start to the season, not a one off, but not likely to be repeated every year.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can I order that sort of snow for a couple of weeks earlier than the 12th please snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
5th of November would be good please.
snow report
9th of Jan for me please! snowHead
snow report
I'm in Tignes 17th Jan for 12 days. Looking forward to it.
ski holidays
Are there no snowHead who've been to Tignes since the glacier re-opened, who can give us a snow report? I don't believe it Shocked !!
latest report
Hey guys!

I've been up on the glacier every weekend since it opened. It's been firm, sunny, perfect race training conditions, except for today when we saw the first snowfall of the autumn, and what a difference.

I'll give a decent report tomorrow. The snow wasn't falling hard this morning, so I'm not expecting knee deep powder, but even a gentle dusting should soften up the pistes nicely.
snow report
rorie, yo mate - first post I've noticed from you here, although I see you've sneaked in another 15 without me noticing. Toofy Grin

You skiing now rather than blowing rocks up? Laughing
snow conditions
Just four more working days of pneumatic drills and explosives, short holiday and skiing for the 24th October I think. Are you planning a half term trip?
latest report
rorie, Greetings Rorie, Bryan (sometimes BASS here) planning to be in tignes with Inspired to SKi in early December, hope to see you then. Cheers Bryan
ski holidays
Hey Bryan, Good to hear from you. Magic snow up on the glacier this weekend! You'll have to pop up for a day trip! Are you in St Foy or the UK?
ski holidays
rorie wrote:
Just four more working days of pneumatic drills and explosives, short holiday and skiing for the 24th October I think.

Cool, bet you'll miss the bangs though Wink
Quote:
Are you planning a half term trip?

Sadly not Sad

You probably know but S+ aren't doing the trip this year - some of the parents have complained about the conditions, y'know the wind and the fact it sometimes snows up there Shocked (they'd love Scotland Laughing ) and I think they're all off to that big dome in Holland where you don't get any wind and it only snows when they want it to. Anyway, the dates don't work for us anyway so we're not going at all - I'll be getting loads of instructing hours in though over the half-term so not so bad.

Might manage a cheeky trip over at some point later in the season though, will keep you informed about plans Very Happy
latest report
Hi roga, give me a shout if you're coming. I know you only come the busiest weeks of the season but I'll try and squeeze in a weekend ski Wink
snow report
Cheers rorie, will most likely be the week after Easter unless I'm instructing elsewhere ... playing it by ear this season Toofy Grin
latest report
Bluebell wrote:

Same here, & same here... we were most probably having a drink (& availing ourselves of the wi-fi to post on Snowheads) in the Alpaka when you were there. In fact, I think we have a very similar photo Laughing
Roll on the same this year snowHead
latest report
Please would everyone going to Tignes several months before the rest of us get anywhere near a mountain SHUT THE F'CK UP! Thank you. Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Please would everyone going to Tignes several months before the rest of us get anywhere near a mountain SHUT THE F'CK UP! Thank you. Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing

Shan't! Little Angel
latest report
I,m there next weekend snowHead Cool Laughing
snow report
Quote:

Please would everyone going to Tignes several months before the rest of us get anywhere near a mountain SHUT THE F'CK UP! Thank you.

Quote:

Shan't!

Quote:

I,m there next weekend

Hoorah - it's only 3 weeks until my Austrian glacier extravaganza!! 30cm of snow currently forecast there above 2200m Shocked - but France looking bone dry for the next 2 weeks (according to Accuweather.com Sad)
snow report
Hurtle, Can try but with it less than 40 days away it may not be easy to stay quiet about it wink
snow conditions
Hurtle, 57 sleeps snowHead
snow report
Hurtle, 14 sleeps Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
Radio Free Hobbiton back on the air. Greetings from middle earth.

Well groovers, its cold and lovely, a wee bit of snow on the glacier, but it can best be described as quick:)

Lifts currently running for skiers til 2.45 (uplift). Little patches of canon snow on the double M but nowhere near skiable at the moment.

Damned chilly though.
snow conditions
Snowcannons are on again I see - how long do they have to run them for that piste to be skiable?
latest report
rorie,

Glad to see you have nearly finished your lift construction work in the 4th Valley.

Stewart has also nearly finished his summer job, playing golf 3/4 times a week, ( His best round was 2 under par, so i think he is happy Puzzled )

The forecast for the weekend looks good so hopefully lots of deep powder to play in Little Angel
ski holidays
Hi Elaine,

This Thursday is my last day on the lifts. I might sneak in a ski on Friday morning and then I'm off on my holidays for a week, back in Tignes the following weekend. When's Stewart coming out?
ski holidays
rorie wrote:

Hi Elaine,

This Thursday is my last day on the lifts. I might sneak in a ski on Friday morning and then I'm off on my holidays for a week, back in Tignes the following weekend. When's Stewart coming out?

Hi Rorie,

Enjoy your holiday. Where are you going?
I'm finishing work on the 28th - we'll be with you on the 29th. Only 2 weeks to go. Started packing already. Very Happy
It looks cold out there. Hopefully you'll get some snow soon. snowHead

If you need anything bringing out let me know.

See you soon Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Elaine
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy