Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift pass scam?

Poster: A snowHead
Two years ago when we went to Livigno, it was clearly stated by the tour rep on the coach that part of the lift pass charge was a 5 euro deposit for the electronic swipe card, and if these were returned at the end of the week the rep would give the 5 euro refund. This year in on our Montgenevre trip, there was no mention of this, but a couple of times on the coach to the airport the rep stated, he would take back any lift passes people wanted to give him, no mention of any cash was made, just wondered if anybody thought this was a "nice little earner" the rep had planned for himself or not?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check on the website to see if the passes are refundable.

In Chamrousse for example the pass costs 2 euros non-refundable but can be reused the following year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cockerhoop, Chamonix no longer refunds the "deposit", so that may have been him being green. Otherwise, given that you're British (I presume) thus much less likely to be a regular visitor and are on the coach so there's no easy way to get your refund, it's a little harsh to call it a scam. I think.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hey its only what i thought
we kept them as souveniers!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Even if the passes are non refundable, the rep could still them on to the next batch of punters
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Normally they will be non-refundable and personal - which means the next set of punters will be getting someone else's lp in that case.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cockerhoop, no offense intended!! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thats ok,
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in Montgenevre with Thomson/Crystal in January - the rep refunded the 3 euros on each pass at end of the week.

It may be, in your case, that you weren't charged the deposit in the first place as the tour operator couldn't be bothered with collecting it and reimbursing it, but with the result that they lose 3 euros for each person who does not return the pass.

As you kept the passes, you are either quits, or 3 euros up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the Crystal rep seemed a jolly bloke, met him in the bar before our Neilson meeting, we had Joe, kept pushing notes under our door as he kept calling while we were out, did quite well at getting the bus loaded for the return to Turin after 10 inches of overnight snow
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
the passes in les saisies are refundable, and re-usable by anybody - they just push them through the machine and the new details get printed on, along with smudgy left over bits of the one before. They work, though. 2 euros a time. They won't refund if they're damaged. The system seems to work well, and you never see any old ones just chucked on the ground.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cockerhoop wrote:
Two years ago when we went to Livigno, it was clearly stated by the tour rep on the coach that part of the lift pass charge was a 5 euro deposit for the electronic swipe card, and if these were returned at the end of the week the rep would give the 5 euro refund. This year in on our Montgenevre trip, there was no mention of this, but a couple of times on the coach to the airport the rep stated, he would take back any lift passes people wanted to give him, no mention of any cash was made, just wondered if anybody thought this was a "nice little earner" the rep had planned for himself or not?

Just like reading money earning tips on Natives. Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Laax this year they weren't refundable (from the ticket office, not TO), 5 SwFr each I think. I'm not sure if I understood them correctly but I think they would have accepted any other resort's passes to load it on when I bought them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You used to get a 2€ refund on the keycard at Serre Chevalier, but now you are just encouraged to reuse or recycle them. I have a drawer in the apartment where most people tend to leaave theirs at the end of their holiday. I just drop them all into the box outside the lift pass office when we are there.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Its one of the standard blags, I don't have a problem with it, in the main the wage of the resort staff is poor.
snow report
We always have to pay about 5 Euro deposit for lift pass cards in Austria, which is refundable. Were you charged for the deposit in the first place when you bought them? If so, then your rep probably did keep the deposit. Bit naughty of him not to say anything about it. We left ours with the chalet guys at Lech this year as part of their tip.
ski holidays
LP is 3 euros non-refundable for Montgenevre.
ski holidays
Quote:

IMO the scam is to advertise the liftpass at 3 euros cheaper than it really is.... Puzzled
snow conditions
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

IMO the scam is to advertise the liftpass at 3 euros cheaper than it really is.... Puzzled

Yes I've got loads of these non-refundable lift passes. In Montgenevre you can re-use them but I've never understood what a "non refundable deposit" is. Surely an oxymoron.

Some resorts only let you re-use them the following season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy