Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stomp pads

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are they a must or not, do you use them?
I have always had one but i recently got a new board and don't want to put one on. I have no problems without one at excape indoor ski run but don't know if this is because of the easy drag lift or me getting better please advise.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AD, It's a personal choice, you'll recognise the day that you need one Toofy Grin Without one you soon learn to keep your weight into the front foot on a drag.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AD, Are you opposed to using Stomp Pads because your board is new and looks good (graphics?). The reason I ask is, my kids all have Stomp pads and they didn't really want to put them on their boards because of the graphics etc. I bought the boys transparent ones, and my daughter has the chrome studs (which you can place anywhere, in any formation). I was sceptical about the studs lasting, but they have and they look quiet cool. Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno, my board has nice graphics between the bindings which i dont want to cover. I have seen some fab stomp pads but only in usa over here you can only get branded advert stomps. At 34 i souldn't realy care but im a big kid really.
Masque, the drag its self has never been a problem its getting off when you need the extra controll, does that get easier without pads or are the pads a must?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AD, Both of the Stomp pads/studs I mentioned above enable you to still see your graphics and are from S & R. Your board may look cool without the pads, but you may not look so cool when you try and dismount from a chair lift Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
AD, It all depend on how much control you have over your lead leg Toofy Grin If you habitually use your back leg to steer, then you need something to lever against. As IncogSkiSno says, you can get clear acrylic spikes that you put on your board in whatever pattern you like. Unless suffering from a surfeit of beer, I don't have too many probs getting off a lift . . . but that's no guarantee for future incompetence. Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AD, Have just looked at your profile (34 yrs ,binge drinker & novice boarder Confused ) hmm, perhaps you should consider the pads.
Skullie

Perhaps Masque, knows whether or not pads can easily be removed, without damaging a board, if/when they are no longer required.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IncogSkiSno, Betterware used to sell a 'sticky stuff' remover but WD40 seems to work on most commercial adhesives.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think they're far from a 'must'. Hadn't ridden with one for years then someone brought me some spikyish ones for Xmas last year. Overall was surprised that I did notice a difference and have bought some for my latest board now but if I'd not seen some I'd liked, I wouldn't have been bothered about having my top sheet sans stomp pad.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not a must, but usefull none the less. Nobody actually notices the graphics on your board, so just get a stomp pad. I find them most useful when I have to steer going downhill when not strapped in.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i got the black spike you can put anywhere, after a day 4 of the six fell off.. to be honest with all the snow n crud on your boots i doubt they make that much of a difference, just as the pads usefullness must be debatable when its wet .. i reckon a lot of it is psychological.. but if that works then dont fight it.. ill be sticking 4 replacements on for this coming season!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ponder, I do and they are too good to cover, went to the snow dome last night though, and i was all over the place getting off the poma. Beginning to think i might need some.
They wouldn't have made a bit of difference when i nose planted a jump off the 4ft kicker though. felt a right prat got a couple of bruises for my sins too.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AD, I've got the individual metal studs. I got a pack of 6 but felt that 3 arranged in a triangle where the front of my foot would be provides enough traction. The studs actually complement the graphics and they show no sign of moving or falling off.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy