Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What type of ski gloves do you use?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone,

I'm just doing some research for a report on the types of ski gloves people use and to see what people really thought of winter gloves.

I would really appreciate it if some of you could complete this survey if you had the time
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SF6KH3Q

Thanks alot!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
imperialgloves, Surely what you are doing is market research to see whether there is potential for a new entrant into the heated gloves market?

I can't do the survey as I buy mine in £'s not $'s wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
$10 Kinco deerskin insulated workgloves seem to do the job fine thanks. I'll stretch to a Goretex equivalent mid winter. Anything else and you're paying a brand premium although Hestras do look very nice.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems spammy to me. Did your rather bizarre survey anyway. It was not an option, but I would not be prepared to pay anything for heated gloves. By that I mean I wouldn't pay a premium for heated gloves over the ordinary kind.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks a bunch guys. It's for a school project, so not really a spamming thing! It seems heated gloves are getting more and more popular these days so it's interesting to gauge people's opinions.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I can't do it either. It says on Q6

Have you ever purchased or used heated gloves?

Yes (go to 7)
No (go to 8 )

So I ticked No and went to 8. But at the end it won't let me submit as it says I must answer Q7 rolling eyes . Fail!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wot Spud9 said.

imperialgloves I might have given a kinder reaction if you hadn't named yourself as a glove! (makes a change from a sock I s'pose wink )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So sorry, teething problems it seems! It's fixed now.... Thanks for letting me know!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hestra, sorted.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
imperialgloves, question 5 on the attributes misses one of the most important reasons for buying - because they are warm.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
imperialgloves, did the survey.

As others have pointed out there are ways of improving the survey - but I thought it wasn't too bad.

On a positive, it was a refreshing change to have a questionnaire that didn't go on for pages and pages ... so many times I've started them, but given-up before the end because the dragged on too long.

Hope the school project goes well and you get some reasonable data/info.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Please rank the attributes you consider when deciding on which pair of gloves to use or purchase (1 being the most important, 6 the least)

This is a massive fail for all female users as there is no box that mentions COLOUR Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I like these .....

http://www.ratemyfunnypictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/funny-pictures-hand-job-gloves.jpg
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
imperialgloves, This old thread on ski gloves on snowHeads may help your research Very Happy
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32488&
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
imperialgloves, ....sorry to be another spoiler but you shoudl pretest a questionnaire like this...I can't really give you an accurate answer which genuinely reflects state of the art thinking in gloves, based on years on the hill ie:

- guide gloves are very good, since large leather component, therefore durable (eg marmot, hestra)
- I do not use membrane gloves since I find them to be not breathable enough, and sweat buildup means chilled hands - KEEP DRY - this is the secret to keeping warm
- thick fleece is excellent at wicking and insulating (mountain equipment, rab and marmot) and more important than having gore tex membrane
- softshell and thick fleece is top performer at the moment

and having two pairs, so that if one pair gets saturated, then a dray pair is available

sorry, but there it is...
snow report
imperialgloves, Just did your survey. Can't say I'd be interested in heated gloves personally as I don't tend to suffer from cold hands when wearing good quality conventional gloves, but I think there is a niche market for a heated glove that actually works. I think that's where most go wrong!
snow report
Lidl 4 quid gloves, even been to 5000 meters in artic conditions.
ski holidays
What uktrailmonster said.
snow report
I use mittens. Much warmer than gloves and no need for any other gubbins. There was no option for this on the survey.
snow report
I must admit I can't find a glove company called Imperial Gloves dealing winter gloves easily on Google. The OP could be from Imperial College.
snow report
So I did the survey Toofy Grin
snow report
Hi,

Just completed your survey, I know Columbia are releasing a heated glove this year
snow report
fatbob,
Where do you get Kinco gloves from?
Are they well insulated?
ski holidays
fatbob,
Have you tried the mittens?
latest report
Chamcham, Any hardware store in the US. There are a few that sell them online and will ship. Kinco do a ski specific glove as well but winter workgloves are pretty well insulated for those that work outside in the winter.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy