Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Levi, Lapland - report!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from an incredible week in Levi. I have to say, its a well kept secret and although only a 'hill', thats some hill. Although cold, (tropical last week at average -Cool, we had a wonderful week, good weather, no blizzards, sunshine every day. The resort was as expected, picturesque, almost Alpine in appearance, many log cabins dotted around in pine woodland.

Saw the Northern Lights on Tuesday night, conditions perfect - about -18, 10pm at night, still air and I just looked up to see a swirling green mass of cloud approaching. Everyone came out to view and it was a good job, as that was the only night we had any lights! The rest of the time, it was either a little overcast or too windy.

The runs in resort were fantastic (check out the Winter ski from levi on tv this week, its the World Cup or something.... we were watching them practise on my nemisis, the resort's main red yesterday....) Awesome.

The family area (no. 8 runs) were a ski bus away, but the buses were on time, ran every half hr and were never late. My 5 yr old was happily skiing with us, on fairly tricky blues by the end of the week. I was astounded. He had improved beyond belief in only 5 days of tuition in the kiddie area..... and I can safely say will outski me next holiday (at least it gave him and Dad something to do together... they went off up to the top to allow him to experience a gondola - Dad made me stay at the red on my own, as he knew I would stress). Ben was going straight down at about 30mph and that would just turn me grey. However, he was also in control and turning in parrallel, much to our amusement! Even a Finnish local said he was a natural....

I cannot recommend this resort highly enough, to anyone wanting to experience something a little different. We did the usual Santa excursion, plus a reindeer safari, allowing us the opportunity to try ice fishing after a healthy jog across the lake..... that was cold! -20 and dropping when we arrived! Spectacular scenery though.

The piste weren't brilliantly marked out (it was a bit of guess work to find a nice blue, with lots of scary fall line skiing..... we nearly ended up on a black at one point!). But, once we found our way around, there was plenty to do and plenty of different runs to try out. Hubby frightened himself witless on the black to the foot of the gondola, by not judging his speed correctly and hitting a vertical drop at high speed. Didnt kill himself this year though.

As many of us said yesterday, dont tell the Brits back home about Levi, its a well kept secret but I just had to let you all in on it!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fruity, did you try that fantastic steak restaurant with the fish starter buffet in the forest? The best place i have ever eaten.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fruity, did you try that fantastic steak restaurant with the fish starter buffet in the forest? The best place i have ever eaten.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Be careful with fish though, it may repeat on you Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fruity,

this sounds really good holiday
who did you organise it with ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We travelled with Inghams! With a little help and advise from Up4it an ardent Levi supporter! No, we didnt eat out at all, the food at the Hullo Poro Crazy Reindeer was just too good! Even my lad ate stuff! Rare.

heres the link to the piccies if you want them......

http://homepage.mac.com/helenadillon

the better scenic shots (give u an idea what to expect) can be found on the MIL albums (dorothy-lapland), the rest are just family ski stuff taken by me (lots of blurring and piccies of my 5 yr old!)

I was very sceptical about skiing a 'hill' until I got up to the top and thought, bloody hell this is some hill......... there are lots of blind fall line runs...... so you really have to suck it and see what you end up on..... not so good for a nervous learner on their first week but exhilarating for a novice blue run or intermediate skier who wants a mental challange. One run (I think it was a 7 at the top) was really nail biting. I had no idea what I was going to let myself in for, until about the 3rd turn when suddenly the view appeared! Hubby was astounded that I even went over the edge.......

The red to resort at lift no 1 2 and 3 is scary as hell and I was happily skiing it all week. So daring!!!!!

Fruity x
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
no sweat....... and seriously its a fantastic resort to play in! Beer is a bit pricey, but nothing else to spend your dosh on so why worry? Wide open, empty piste to yourself, incredible scenery, Santa to yourself without hundreds of screaming children to barge past, catch ur own fish on the ice lakes..... and private sauna in your apartment .......what more can I add!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Went to Levi in January two years go . Very very cold , -24 on the hill and bit windy on the top , overnight down to -30 something.The gondola and some lifts were sometimes closed ;- too cold to operate. Ski area not very big but quite varied , I agree with Fruity , don't hit the black to the gondola too hard . Scenery is great , low sun , frosty trees , misty and mysterious.
Food is excellent , take your own hard drink if that's your poision . If you do go early in season , get a full face mask. Don't do what I did - on the top of the hill , on my own , glasses fogged up ,wind blown ice/snow , can't find/see the piste so remove goggles to clear glasses , have to take off gloves to get every thing back on . result - slight frostbite to finger tips.
Nightlife is low key , i m o good for couples looking for something a bit different and into candlelight.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowmo bill, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead . Cute username and a good 1st post. TKS
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowmo bill, welcome to snowheads Little Angel
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy