Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

0N3P Billy Goats

Poster: A snowHead
Any views, opinions or reviews? Comparisons with DPS 112's/Rossi S7's? Sold anywhere over here, or would I have to order from the US?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999, someone here has a pair which they ordered from the US. Can't remember the username. Your questions may be best answered on TGR.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bit of chat about them being altered for next year and "much needed tweaks" - personally I'd stick with the more tested indie S7 varients, or even the S7/Super 7, but TGR and if you dare, Newschoolers is going to be the place to ask.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah I've been trawling TGR a lot recently, but I know who to listen to over here.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I doubt you will find anyone here that has skied the Billy Goats/112s/S7s, happy to be proved wrong but I reckon TGR is your best hope.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
arv, i've skied with 2 people on S7s... does that count?

there is a bit of a bias towards indie mfrs on TGR (esp when they are owned/run by maggots) which you need to take into account but loads of good info on there
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno, you were already more qualified than me to be posting on this thread Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh, No, don't tell me that there are skis called 'Billy goats'!!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum, I think they are for experienced skiers only.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fwiw, I'd recommend Lhasas to anyone that can ski well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
arv, you get me wrong - no yen for such things here, its just that Billy Goats are such horrid smelling foul things I can't imagine anyone would want to name a pair of skis for them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, billy goating is also a bit of ski terminology to describe the way you descend steep slopes with random obstacles - bushes, rocks, little drops etc
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Billy-goating v. Picking a dodgy line through rocks, chutes, scrub etc with lots of non conventional manoeuvres
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, fatbob, thank you both Very Happy I am now wiser, we ought to add it to the glossary if its not already there. Never anything I though would be a ski related term, though of course I see the link in the desciption and how a goat moves. Apologies to the OP for OT.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
arv wrote:
I doubt you will find anyone here that has skied the Billy Goats/112s/S7s, happy to be proved wrong but I reckon TGR is your best hope.

Be happy. S7s are schweet.
latest report
comprex, sorry, I meant who has skied 2 or more of the pairs for comparison.
latest report
comprex, you're officially the first high cert (you're a csia4 right?) to have even skiied rockered skis that I've heard of, nevermind had anything good to say about them. Congrats!
latest report
The missus has S7s, where does that place me?
snow report
parlor, lucky? Neh Neh
ski holidays
DaveC wrote:
comprex, you're officially the first high cert (you're a csia4 right?) to have even skiied rockered skis that I've heard of, nevermind had anything good to say about them. Congrats!

That's cos rockered skis are for punters wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy