Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

High, late closing suggestions (22-25 April trip)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The more you get the more you want! After a long weekend in January, February half term with the family and a March lads' trip we have taken the plunge and booked some cheap flights for the last weekend in the Portes du Soleil (April 22-25). I want to get my days on snow over 20 this year!

We did the same thing last year and had 3 good days (though the last one was a bit soggy). If the snow holds up we will just ski the bits of the Portes du Soleil that are still open starting from Pre-La-Joux in Chatel. However......... what do we do if the snow is really bad low down? We will have a hire car and don't mind a bit of a drive but where should we go? Chamonix is an obvious choice but where else has high skiing (over 2500m, preferably up to 3000m) and is still open that weekend? I think the glacier in Les Diablerets may be but have no idea what the skiing up there is like.

Any suggestions? We will be staying in Chatel.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We will be in Verbier that weekend, and have been there for closing weekend (last weekend in April) every year for several years, except last year when I had only just broken my leg.
Always plenty of snow, 2 years ago like mid season, 3 years ago the highlight was watching the water-skiers on a natural melt lake.
Very nice vibe, one of my favourite times.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that - obvious really and only about an hours drive. Where is the best parking and access? Last time I was there we parked at Medran but we were being guided by some friends so didn't have to work it out for ourselves.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Le Chable car park, cable goes all the way to Ruinnettes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zermatt? Not sure how far from where your staying tho
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Charlatanefc, thanks. I had thought about Zermatt but it is about 2 hours 30 each way so maybe a bit far. Zinal or Grimentz were options but I think they have closed by the time we arrive. Looks like it will be PDS if there is still snow or a day each in Chamonix and Verbier if not. Any advice from anyone on Les Diablerets?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy