Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Southern Alps Driving

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is planning to drive back from somewhere in the Southern Alps (Risoul/Vars/Serre Che/2 Alps/ D'huez/etc) The reason I ask is that I desperately need a forgotten suitcase couriered back to the UK and package companies are quoting me a fortune.

I would be more than willing to pay some money to get it taken back just not quite the 100s these companies are offering... Alternatively does anyone have any experience in posting 20kg suitcases back or any other suggestions Smile?

Thanks guys, really need some help!

Tom
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

or any other suggestions

Easyjet Bristol to Grenoble St Geoir? You could do it out this saturday and back sunday for £140, less if you can go later and take a day or two extra there. Out 25th back 27th for £100.

I guess you'd only need to pay extra for luggage one way!

If you'd need a car, carhire3000.com can do one (not holiday autos for some reason), not cheap tho, £113 for the 2 days (that's for the thursday - saturday) (nearly as much for a 1day tho).

How'd you come to forget a suitcase! Crying or Very sad (Just being nosy)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go to the same place next time?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What's it packed with? Finest Afghan Opiates? Non-sequential US dollars in high denomination bills? Conflict diamonds? AK-47 firing pins?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
haha... well I am doing a season and had some mates out to visit... but one managed to leave his bag on the transfer coach lol. Looks like interparcel do some pretty good deals, I wouldn't mind popping back to the UK but fitting it in around work is harder NehNeh Thanks for the help anyway.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MWG_Thomas, which resort? You must know someone driving back to the UK next month, surely.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Disappointing - from the thread title I had assumed this Southern Alps. Always fascinated by that part of the world.

Anyway, good luck getting someone to drive your luggage - I assume you will be inviting them to unpack and repack the bag to that they know, and can vouch for, the contents?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Currently in Risoul, pretty small place, problem is I am unsure of exactly how we are returning, if its coach then its np, but by plane then I would imagine an extra 20kg would be quite pricey lol. Now you mention it though there are a couple of english people here with cars and obv they must be returning at some point Smile I'm sure he can wait a while without its content lo.l Either that or someone at natives recommended interparcel which seem quite reasonable.

Thanks again, hopefully will be sorted soon Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MWG_Thomas, if you're in the Morgan, isn't your chef driving back? Or is his car too full of snowblades and junk? Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would have to question whether I would bring a strange suitcase through customs without knowing the contents. Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy