Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren or Phil Smith?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There has been a lot written about these two courses on previous posts , but wonder if anyone can help me decide on a summer course.
I quite fancy trying some summer/glacier skiing but also want to take advantage of having some tuition.
Is there anyone out there who have tried their summer courses.?
I am an advanced(ish) skier- in control on blacks,moguls and off piste.
Are they good fun? Is glacier skiing too limited for this purpose?
Answers appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Knee Deep, Why not come here and have some 1-1? Glacier ski-ing is excellent for working on your technique and correcting all those little niggles, that you don't get round to in the winter. With regard to glacier ski-ing as being maybe a little too easy - if it's useful for Corole Montillet, Ingrid Jaquemod, Hermann Maier et all then it should be fine for the rest of us. Big advantage is that you actually get to see top skiers training and watch what they do in person. Fantastic.

PS: Don't know about the guys mentioned, but here most 1-1 lessons are about 25% cheaper in summer than in winter. Lots of other stuff to do too. snowHead snowHead

Check out www.les2alpes.com and www.easiski.com - sorry for the blantant plug everyone! Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Knee Deep, spyderjon did the Summer Warren Smith course in Saas Fee, I seem to remember him being most chuffed.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They do different things, Warren's into a free ski thing and Phil Smith is more piste or technical skiing orientated. ICE are also pretty good for technical skiing. Of course, Warren's doing his thing in Saas Fee in the summr which is nicer venue Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, I am a big fan of 1-1,but seeing as I can't persuade any friends to try summer skiing I am looking at a course assuming it will also be quite sociable.

Ian Hopkinson, thanks,will PM him.

ise, not sure what you mean by "free skiing thing"
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Knee Deep, just that Warren's interested in developing the sort of skills needed on steeper slopes and off piste. I was just trying to contrast that to the more technical skiing that Phil Smith et al go for. To an extent you'll end up at the same place if you're a recreational skier.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy