Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arosa Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for Roger C's resort report:

Arosa (January 2009)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was intending doing a day trip from Flims/Laax to Arosa. In the end I managed only driving there when it was snowing heavily.

Yes the road is pretty bad for driving, expecially the section immediately uphill from Chur.

Although I didn't ski it Arosa stood out rather nice and well equipped.

I also visited Lenzerheide which is nearer from Flims/Laax. Lenzerheide is more than double in size in term of psite length. I eventually did a day trip to Lenzerheide from Davos. Lenzerheide is on the main road from Chur to St Moritz (and Davos) but Arosa is at the end of a long and narrow valley road.

The distance from Chur to the 3 skiing resorts of Flims/Laax, Lenzerheide and Arosa are 13, 10 and 10 miles respectively while the total length of piste of them are 220, 155 and 60km respectively.

According to Bergex Flims/Laax is the top No. 1 resort in Switzerland, Lenzerheide is at No. 5 and Arosa stands at No. 15.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arosa is the best choice for easy access to pisted snow quality and untracked powder, and it has a designated free-ride mountain, as well as a world class park including a 130 m half pipe, and short hiking to great shoots, drops and wide open slopes (mountain guides are available in town and highly recommended).

It is for those who wish to experience sun, snow and beautiful views
Quote:

away from the madding crowds

. With it's snow sure altitude, and train access, from Zurich, to 1800 metres, it is the only resort with carbon neutral status.

Arosa is very popular with mountain walkers too as it has perfectly groomed running and walking Cool trails covering the whole ski area, which has superb restaurants dotted around.

Young families enjoy the easy travel to get to places in resort - free bus, wooden sledges, designated toboggan routes, horse and sleigh, ice castle, sunny duck lake, open air ice rink, indoor ice hockey stadium, cinema, tea rooms, coffee shops, pizzerias, black board lunch menus, kids skidoo circuits, bouncy castle, toddler introductory ski lessons, excellent kids junior ski and snowboard club for holidaymakers.

The town, apres-ski and nightlife is great, and easy to walk around.

Warning: Arosa is addictive!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy