Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfer from Geneva to Courchevel... esprit holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Ski Esprit say that the transfer is 2h 30mins. google says 2hr 10mins. Crystal say 3h 30mins...

from experience, how long does it actually take - assuming roads are clear - for a sunday transfer from airport to courchevel?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Door to door in your own car, probably 2.5 hours. But with transfers - depends how many people need rounding up to get them on the bus, and how many stops they have to make before they get to yours. Crystal sounds the most honest, but maybe Esprit just take everyone to the same place. But that would be once everyone is on the bus, in gear and pulling out of the airport.

and, of course, you'll be hoping it's snowing like boogery, won't you?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, they are all right.... depends on the route, lots of the tour buses take the backroads to save on tolls.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd say about 2.5 hours - I've done it the last couple of years with Mark Warner on a Sunday. Last year may even have been less (but that was probably due to the fact we were the second plane to land and thus get away after Geneva was snow-closed). If Crystal say 3.5 hours you're either having a stop en route or dropping people off all round the place. Or both Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shoogly, i woul dsay on the bus nearer to 3, but they only have one property there this year so it might make the whole thing a bit quicker
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Door to door in your own car, probably 2.5 hours.

I reckon an hour and 45-50 mins if there's no snow / traffic. I could usually do plan peisey from either GVA or LYS in a couple of hours with the benefit of the new road, and courchevel as we know uses less of the n90, but as you rightly say possibly a couple of hours if you're dwindling, figuring out where you're going etc...

shoogly of course the other curve ball might be a bus to moutiers and then a re-juggle of coaches from other airports/and re-split the buses upto EK, Paradiski, 3v etc... at which point pick a number between 2.5 and 4, and of course if peak feb week (even on a sunday) the roads might be a bit more of a struggle depending on the timings..
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bertie Bassett when I went to Courchevel two seasons ago with Crystal that was exactly what happened. Big coach to the bus station at Moutiers then decanted onto smaller minibuses depending on where you were going in the 3 Valleys.

Presumably this accounts for the difference in times quoted by Crystal.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we're going with esprit on march 20th! just need to know as we'll have the wee one with us and it helps us decide how much "entertainment" to pack in hand luggage - plus the "boss" wants to know! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
When we went with Inghams it took something like 3.5hrs. Though at least 30 -45 mins was spent sitting in a bus station somewhere while we waited for a different driver, I think ours had been driving too long or something like that.

We are going to Courcheval with Esprit and have opted to fly to Chambery for the shorter transfer (both ends TBH).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

fly to Chambery for the shorter transfer

good luck. the only time we did that we got diverted to Lyon. Chambery is a bit hit and miss.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been with Total which is the sister company to Esprit. My experience has been that the driver usually stops for a break at a small service station half way through the journey which may account for the difference in transfer times.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Esprit / Total do Sunday transfers which does make a big difference to transfer times, so make sure you're comparing Sunday transfer times and not Sunday / Saturday transfer times. I have had the experienced of them stopping for a break en-route, which is especially annoying when you've flown into Chambery to cut down the transfer!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevew, very annoying - especially on an early flight when you hope to get on the slopes for a couple of hours.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tillywhim, yup, exactly.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

fly to Chambery for the shorter transfer

good luck. the only time we did that we got diverted to Lyon. Chambery is a bit hit and miss.

Sad Whats the Lyon transfer time?
ski holidays
Lyon is 2 hours from Courchevel (add 20 minutes if Courchevel 1650 or 1850). Good airport, easy route (if do tolls all the way). Chambery is the nearest but can be chaos in the season with hundreds of people milling around trying to get their luggage. Try and avoid Saturday to Saturday transfers when all the large companies are on the roads in coaches. There are quite a few small chalet companies that offer Sunday to Sunday or are flexible on arrival days.
ski holidays
Lyon is 2 hours from Courchevel (add 20 minutes if Courchevel 1650 or 1850). Good airport, easy route (if do tolls all the way). Chambery is the nearest but can be chaos in the season with hundreds of people milling around trying to get their luggage. Try and avoid Saturday to Saturday transfers when all the large companies are on the roads in coaches. There are quite a few small chalet companies that offer Sunday to Sunday or are flexible on arrival days.
ski holidays
Geneva -Courchevel on a Sunday 2.5 -2.75 would be my estimate .......depends if they take the new toll to Annecy
ski holidays
Tiger2 wrote:
Bertie Bassett when I went to Courchevel two seasons ago with Crystal that was exactly what happened. Big coach to the bus station at Moutiers then decanted onto smaller minibuses depending on where you were going in the 3 Valleys.

Presumably this accounts for the difference in times quoted by Crystal.

For 1850 we always used to stop in the middle of nowhere to meet another bus then change into the mini bus in 1850 for the last little bit as buses weren't allowed.

You also have to factor in that the bus doesnt leave as soon as you get on it - to wait for the stragglers, but we've even had to wait for other flights to arrive on some occasions.

I've done Chambery quite a few times and only once had a diverted flight. If there was no difference in cost I would choose Chambery.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy