Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Crossfires - Taken the plunge :-) - now the questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just purchased some k2 crossfire (new) and they'll make their first tracks in Argentier (chamonix) in 9 days. I've not skied them (k2's) before and purchased on the good reviews and feedback. I currently ski 177 volkl exps, which have been a great servant to me for the last four years.

I'm an adventurous intermediate confident on all pisted terrain, my off piste skills are advancing, but I wouldn't say great!

A few questions:

1) The crossfires will be in 170cm whilst my Volks were 177cm - what difference should I notice on the snow?
2) What sort of cash should I expect to get for the Volkl's they are in great condition
3) I'm 179cm tall and weight 12.5 st, are the crossfires long enough, recently in Kitz I felt like I had the longest skis on the mountain! Have skis changes that much?

Thanks in advance!
snow report
 brian
brian
mrlossyman wrote:
I've just purchased

A bit late for the questions then. wink Good luck though. Should be fine on piste, you'll probably struggle off in anything heavy, crusty, etc.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mrlossyman, Not sure of dimensions and rigidity of the Corssfires but I'm the same height and weight as you and that does seem rather short. As Brian has indicated they will be inevitably be easier in moguls and for short turns on piste but will have less stability at speed and less stability and float in off piste conditions.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1) -7cm
2) £50 on ebay
3) wot brian & bob said
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mrlossyman, if you are lucky enough to get a powder day in chamonix you will see plenty of f big skis.
Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mrlossyman,
I may be interested in your Volkls. I see you are in Surrey too Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mrlossyman, hi I ski crossfires on piste they are super good and at speed they really come into there own, slower speeds are hard work as you really have to push them hard to get the best out of them. in terms of length I am the same weight as you but a couple of inchs taller and I went for the 181 !! so would have to back up the other posts on that. Worth noting that my crossfires are the first generation ones so only 68 cm under foot
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies! It's really strange on the ski length because I ski'd some 170 Head Magnums for half daqy in kitz this year and they felt ok. I think the 2010 Crossfires are a little wider so I assumend they may give a bit more float off piste. I think the next size up on the crossfires would have been 177 and felt these would have been too long. I mainly ski the steep stuff so wanted something that turned quickly.

I hope I've made the right choice but if not it maybe that my partner is getting a fine pair of skis and I'm having her Crossmax 10s (175cm). Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy