Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to buy skis online? - Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've found a pair of K2 2010 Crossfire for £360 inc del for 170cms. I need o make sure these are a good price before I buy hence need a bit of advice. Are there any shops I can get these cheaper in mainland europe and get them shipped? Sport Conrad don't have them but there must be other shops. I fly to Chamonix on the 11th March so need to get a pair asap. Would they be cheaper there?

Help is appreciated.

Lossy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I doubt it very much (Chamonix) - your currency is failing as we type... wink seriously, sounds like a cracking deal and I'd be very wary of getting them shipped and happily in y our hands from the EU in the next 10 days.

*Caveat: someone else will be along in 10 minutes to tell my I'm wrong.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mrlossyman, Dunno about the K2's but I just bought some Rossi Zeniths from Wintershack Dundee for £418 including VAT and Delivery. Same skis were €599 in Ischgl and the same in Meribel two weeks ago. I'd buy before travelling if I were you.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mmm, seems like UK is cheapest then. Any good stores with sales on? Any recomendations?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We bought a pair of skis each from Snowtrax in November and their service and prices are excellent. Chap called Andy helped me with recommendations etc. Skis shipped safely and well packaged. Can't recommend them highly enough. Website is www.snowtraxstore.co.uk. Good luck Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mrlossyman, try Telemark Pyrenees. If they don't have in stock ask them if they can source. Rarely beaten on price and service is superb. You won't get anything cheap in Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I second Telemark Pyrenees. Sport Conrad were good when the exchange rate was better.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I live near Dundee and visit the Wintershack regularly. Its an amazing wee place but you have to be careful which model you are buying - sometimes the skis are older than you think and whilst sometimes the differences are cosmetic but sometimes they aren't! He has some of those Rossi Centenary Olympic 41's in just now. The ones that are basically, from what I could see, Bandits but with a wood finish and very retro. I was tempted but at this time of the year paying 299 for a ski, that although new, has been sitting around for maybe 3 years doesn't seem like a bargain to me. My skis are bunkered in Switzerland as I am going back at Easter and saved baggage not bringing them home. Bad move - 6 rentals later - skiing in the Caingorms and Glenshee has blown the savings about 5 fold. He also has some Bandits that are 72mm underfoot. They appear unknown on the internet - I reckon they are possibly made for the Bulgarian market or somewhere similar with virtually no off piste - are they the same as the wider Bandits otherwise? Without trying them you couldn't possibly tell.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy