Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women on the Edge-WHistler

Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about booking this when we go in March. Has anyone tried it, or heard anything about it?
Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I hear it is fab Helen, and i plan on doing it this season for the first time (Dates havent matched before). I do have experience on the other programmes in Whistler (Esprit, Dave Murray, Extremely), any questions please ask. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds intriguing - what is it, Helen or Robbie?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
this is the link
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/school/womenonly.asp
has great reviews
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Robbie, can I book it online anywhere, all the other porgrammes seem to be there but not that, I was planning on the 25-26th March one.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, You should be able to certainly, but you might have to wait until after September 7, when season passes, lift tickets, etc go on sale. If not, you can certainly book it over the phone with guest relations.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Robbie, think I can wait 4 days!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh yeah. Hurrah - does that mean winter is almost here?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lol it does sound like one of those menopausal womens retreats !

Wow- link looks good tho !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have booked this now for March 25th and 26th.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Robbie,

what did you think of the Extremely Canadian programme, like you I have done the Ski Esprit and Dave Murray on prior trips. How extreme is it and how good a skier do you have to be to enjoy it (and survive)?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd be interested to know that too - I don't think I'm quite extreme enough yet in the ability stakes (still have trouble on the double diamonds!) but I'm going to be in Whistler for a good while next season, so I reckon that I'll be good enough at some stage. I heard it gets booked up pretty early so I thought I'd book it sooner rather than later (ie before we get there) but just need to judge when to do it. I have a Platinum pass so I may go for it several times Cool
I too have done a Dave Murray Camp. Our Ex-racer instructor is now an extreme skier and she took us down the tricky Cockolorum entrance in near zero-visibilty - is Extremely Canadian more extreme than that? Shocked snowHead

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 7-10-04 7:56; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi guys, stuarth, i would say it is just like what your DM coach did. But, both of you;, Extremely Canadian is EXCELLENT, with really good coaches, and so long as you mentally want to push it they will take you places suited to your ability. They do get a wide spread of people i promise, and will look at your own skiing levels and do whats appropriate. Go for it, both of you, and have a blast! snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers Robbie, took the plunge yesterday and booked a couple of goes at it in mid and end feb - I'll have done a few Dave Murray Camps by then so should be nicely warmed up!! snowHead
The extremely canadian decompression sessions look 'interesting'!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I did a 2 day thing with Extremely Canadian a couple of years back. Very good fun snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Good on you stuarth, you'll have fun. When are you doing the DM camps? I'll be there Jan, and again March. snowHead
snow report
Robbie, I've got a good scattering of them, booked a few DM camps in January (10-12th and 24-26th) also doing a supercamp(level IV instructors on 22-23 Jan), leaving me a bit of time for watching the snowboarding world championships hopefully.
I've got a couple more DM camps booked in February, but haven't sorted out March and April yet - got to get the most out of my platinum card!! Still being there for March depends on me surviving the Extremely Canadian thing!! twice!! snowHead
snow report
Hey stuarth,
just searching old posts for lesson info - I'm wondering about lessons over in Whistler too - I notice you're doing the SuperCamp before the DM - why?

David

PS I'm there 22-5 feb - you?
Keep an eye out for a bright green jacket - maybe we'll meet in the DM?
(Shame there are NO SNOWHEADS STICKERS ah well Wink
snow report
lbt,
I'm also supposed to be doing a DM today unfortunately standing in a -16C snow pit for 3 hours has done nothing for my health so I'm off to the med centre. I'm here for the season and have a platinum unlimited lesson pass so I've got all sorts booked, when are you doing your DM course, good chance i'll be doing one then. I'll keep an eye out, what sort of level are you?
snow report
I'm waiting for confirmation but 24-26 Jan so we should at least be there at the same time... however:
My coach says I'm mid level advanced. ie proper parallel turns.
Immediate goals are: upper/lower seperation, angulation, fix my A frame.

So I doubt we'll be in the same group... Smile
latest report
Yep I've got one booked for then too. snowHead
The DM corse is definitely the right one for sorting out what you want to do, first day is loads of technical stuff on short turns (upper body seperation, pivoting, steering, etc...) and how it applies to bumps steeps and slalom, next day (which I didn't do this time because the doc has signed me off skiing for a few days Sad ) moves onto faster GS turns, edging and getting performance through the turns, can't remember what the last day was except it involved a proper race which was great fun.
This year they let you pick your own level (last year the ruthlessly decided for you!! wink ), basically it is dependent on how fast you want to go and what terrain you want to ski.

If I don't catch up with you then and you fancy meeting up for a ski and/or a beer drop me a message and we can sort something.
snow report
Well, now for the conclusion. An excellent course run in partnership with Whistler/Blackcomb ski school by Stephanie Sloane. There was 5 of us on the 2 day course last week, and we were split into 2 groups, Stephanie taking the lower abilty group(myself included) and Jenny the more adventurous remainder. Interestingly I was the only 'tourist' the remainder being Whistlerites, regular weekenders and season workers. Hubby found that in his ski group too. The first day was spent on Blackcomb moutain correcting stance, angulation, upper body separation etc. We were videoed after lunch (do I really ski that bad), and we watched the resulting horror film over drinks and free appetizers in the bar afterwards.We also tried some small moguls. Day 2 it had snowed really hard, and my boots were killing me from the day before. I found day 2 really hard work, my technique for the ungroomed stuff dreadful (previously in France I had been told to redistribute my weight more evenly across both skis in deeper stuff, but Steph said it wasn't deep enough to need to do that). A great course, whoch would be more popular I'm sure if it was allowed an advertising budget. Stephanie said she used to have her own brochure and posters but not anymore, and the popularity of the course is suffering as a result. Many join the course simply by word of mouth. I can't remember where I heard abnout it now, but certainly not from Whistler/Blackcomb website, although you can book the course there. The course was good if hard work, and the only thing that probably let me down was my fitness (could keep up on Day 1 but lagged behind by day 2 and left the group before the end of the day).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy