Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Closing Ceremony

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BOA NEWS ALERT wrote:
Olympic Champion Williams to Carry Flag for TeamGB

The British Olympic Association announced today that Olympic skeleton champion Amy Williams will carry the Union Flag for Team GB at the Closing Ceremony of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver on Sunday.

Williams, who made her Olympic Winter Games debut in Vancouver, produced a stunning performance to strike gold in the skeleton on Friday 19 February.

In doing so the 27-year-old, from Bath, became Team GB’s first individual Olympic Winter Games gold medallist for 30 years and the first woman individual gold medallist for 58 years.

Amy Williams said: 'What an amazing honour to be asked to carry the British flag and lead the way for Team GB. I am hugely thrilled and proud - this really does mean the world to me.

“I've been pinching myself ever since I won the gold medal, and now to have this honour come my way is brilliant. I'm sure the Closing Ceremony will be a wonderful finale to what has been, to me, an incredible Games.”

Andy Hunt, Team GB Chef de Mission said: “There was only one truly outstanding candidate to carry our flag and that was Amy. She produced a magnificent performance to win the gold medal in skeleton - our first individual gold in 30 years. But she is also a charming and inspirational figure who we hope will help to encourage a new generation towards embracing Olympic sport.

“The Closing Ceremony marks the end of a fine Olympic Winter Games. Our team has competed consistently well and produced some outstanding performances. Sunday's ceremony will give our athletes a final chance to savour the unique atmosphere of these Games, and hopefully spur them on to return to the ranks of Team GB in Sochi in 2014.”

no real surprise there Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy