Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One Luv 06/07 Ski's has anyone had them/used them? Advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there I am a newbie here, currently Ski bumming in the Kootenays in BC Canada (lucky me) after some advice on first (cheap ski purchase as I can't stretch to brand new ski's)

I currently have a season rental for ski's (and snowboard when I hop (about to the dark side) and have the opportunity of buying K2 One Luv (used 2006/07 season) a the price of $150 CAD( £100)

About me:
Can ski some easier Black Diamond pistes at reasonable pace (working on technique), Off piste I like/ prefer/ easier spaced out trees on powder days and currently working on my technique through the trees and Moguls.

I have tried out some Phat Luvs at 153 (they were good fun) and some Solomon Lady ski's which were nice too, I rent out 150 (I think wave flex) Elans, I have my own boots (the most important part), I am just under 5ft 3 about 135-140 lbs

Have the chance to buy 153 One Luvs 06/07 (68mm as opposed to later one at 74mm?) please advise what these ski like and if possible how they are off piste v Piste? Will they be better in the trees and moguls than the rental Elan Waveflex? I am thinking they are a bargain? (and good for when we go to other resorts)

Your thoughts and comments greatly appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have these exact skis (eg 68mm). I like them. I am 5 3 3/4 and around 135-136 lbs. I have used them all over the place (eg glades, powder, groomes) but this year I have added some 85mm dynastars to my collection, which are so much better in the powder. One Luvs.

In summary really good for groomers; need wider skis for elsewhere

These skis are longer than their equivalent lenthg nin other makes, I believe K2 have recently change the way they measure them. My 153 s are same length as my Dynastar 158s.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey thank you, that's good then I can always rent a powder ski on a powder day and at least know these good enough for most places, I'll check how long they are before I get them!

Thank you for your help! I am thinking they are still a bargain!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy