Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1800 - ongoing trip reports!! The next installments!! Now with added photos!

Poster: A snowHead
Just off to bed - 2 am start for the drive to Les Arcs - will no doubt sign in with progress over the coming week.

Any rumours that BMF_skier had a panic about leaving his passport in Manchester are completely unfounded!!

He actually had it with him, but his face was a picture for about 10 minutes whilst he frantically looked!!

Other disasters today included Minimum_1 breaking a milk tooth an requiring an emergency trip to the dentists at 5pm Shocked

Disasters yesterday included BMF_skier discovering he had a leaking boiler within hours of making his journey south to us.

Today a relative was helping the plumber sort the thing out, and they managed to activate the burglar alarm!!

Lets hope things can only get better!!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 7-02-10 22:19; edited 9 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sweet moses is this the grand reveal of resort x?! Very Happy

Just teasing - have an AWESOME time. I was out there this time last year and it was fab!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, Don't worry, it's all downhill now. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Enjoy, great resort Les Arcs Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have lots of fun - look forward to the report!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, let me know when hyou get here if you fancy meeting up.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, Enjoy it...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, have a lovely time, no more disasters please snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum,

Arriving Peisey on Sunday. Here's to fresh tracks next week
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, have a brilliant time Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We're arriving in Arc2000 Saturday morning (group of 10 by train) - here's to a great week!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, I shall look out for you! We're off tonight, & should be thre tomorrow snowHead Have a lovely time
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, I'd be very jealous except that we're off to Peisey a week on Saturday! Enjoy...

My boiler started leaking at 5am on the day we flew out for our trip at Christmas, but we turned it right down and stuck a massive bin under it, and we were still dry on our return. Nasty things are boiler - but they need to be faced down when there's a skiing holiday on the horizon!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Flying Snowplough, If you have an old boiler stopping you going skiing, the answers simple.

Divorce her. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geepee, my Boiler is covered by a service contract (as opposed to the old boiler gets regularly serviced Smile). Cheaper than a divorce, I suspect!
ski holidays
Megamum, Have a great time, I'm in Vallandry for a while PM me if you'de like to meet, either for ski or apres.
Allan
snow report
Megamum, looking forward to reading your reports and getting in the mood for our stay the week after you. I hope you will still be around when we arrive at the apartment, have a great time Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
Megamum, don't use up all the snow. Looking forward to seeing you and BMF_skier next Saturday Very Happy
snow report
Megamum, Fantastic resort for all levels, You'll love it.
snow conditions
1 month today and I pitch up in Peisey too - so any report will just add to my excitement levels!

Have fun!
latest report
Megamum, Hope you all have a great time!

PS Did the Tooth Fairy have a chance to visit Minimum_1? Toofy Grin
snow report
Megamum, I shall look forward to your resort review, as we are going to Arc 2000 in 2 weeks time. Very Happy
latest report
Hi guys,
Journey was trouble free. Roads were clear with no delays. I cannot imagine being on the M6 or M1 mid week would be as easy! Once past Moutiers we were in unknown territory so the sat nav, and road signs were carefully scritinised. The trip up the hill from BSM was entertaining. Used M&S tyres but snow chains not required. Saw one car that missed a bend on the way down requiring assistance from a snow plough. Arrived here at 18:30, appartment excellent!
First day, blue skies all day! Snow reports to follow. Megamum has an 'interesting' day on her new skis! Elan Magfire 78Ti's I did mention the extra 3mm width and 8cms length may have an effect! Toofy Grin She reported snow was found to be cold and soft! Laughing Minimums both bombed around on new K2 Juvys. I'd expect a ski test report from them all shortly.
Boiler in the UK now fixed, thanks bro.
Must go, more beers to drink....Minimums "where is my next one...?"...........
latest report
BMF_Skier, excellent start to your holiday. Hope you all have a great time.
snow conditions
Alastair Pink, Just to tell you that the tooth fairy did visit before we left at 2:00am and i received £1 for each part of the broken tooth! Thats £2 altogether!!!!!!!!!
Had great fun on my new skis and spent most of the time laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz at Megamum testing the softness of the snow. I went over on the Transarc gondola went for a flying visit to Arc 2000. Then went to the snowpark and tested a few of the jumps. Had a sip of Megamums apple juice and Cognac. yum yum wink
ski holidays
BMF_Skier wrote:
Once past Moutiers we were in unknown territory so the sat nav, and road signs were carefully scritinised.

Did you really need sat nav? Its just 1 road!!!
snow report
We went over to Arc 2000 where I had a sip of brandy!!!! wink
I had few problems with the ski bindings but this was fixed.
I went into 'da park' just above Arc 1800 to try out my new K2 Juvy twin tips. I tried a few jumps, but on the last one I couldn't stand up! Cool
BMF_Skier has already had several giant beers!
It was very, very cold but very sunny too.
Good bye snowHead
latest report
daehwons, for no good reason I kept my satnav on, on that road, and it made me laugh, 'cos it kept saying turn left and turn right at every hairpin bend. Hello Bourg St Maurice! Shocked Laughing Minimum_1 and Minimum_2, have a great time on your new skis and don't mock your mum! Hope you don't biff your heads in the bunk room as often as I did - nearly wore my helmet to bed in the end! Laughing (Bit worried on Rob's behalf that a bunch of dipsos, including under-age ones, have landed at Chalet St Bernard. wink )
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, I've banged my head on the top bunk at least twice and Minimum_1 has already banged her head on the ceiling once! Shocked
latest report
Minimum_2, I advise you to sue Rob!! wink wink wink (I'm a solicitor, by the way.)
ski holidays
Hi everyone! As already reported we have enjoyed a lovely blue sky day today. We have all been roaring round on new or virtually new skis - BMF_Skie bought Rossignol X oversize WC ones 170cm on the last day of our last holiday so they are still proving an interesting ski for him. He has also treated the Minimums to new K2 Juvy twin tips - they appear to have taken to them like ducks to water (trust the young to not be worried about what they are skiing). After an interesting couple of hours during which the Magfires and I had a slight falling out with each other, I have spent the day attempting to come to grips with them. They are stiff, intransigent and are finding all the hiccups in my skiing. I have been finding them initially extremely frustrating as I couldn't ski them anywhere near as easily as the Wave Magics. However, I have decided not to let them get the better of me, and despite sticking to the blues today (with a small section of red) I think I have potential with them. I am going to leave it for a couple more days before posting a ski test style review for them, as it would be unfair to report them as having bad points when it is probably just the way I have been skiing them as new skis today. I have to say though that I refuse to let the soddin' things get the better of me and they will be doing what they are told to if I have anything to do with it over the next few days. I can at least now get a passably decent parallel turn out of them, big wide S ones and also shorter swinging ones.

The appartment is lovely - the shower is fantastic!! Did some proper cooking tonight and we had shepards pie and carrots for dinner. We are hoping to get over to La Plagne via the Vanoise express tomorrow as we will be otherwise limited to half days having to catch the kids from ski school on all the other days, however due to the options on lift passes we do have full paradise ski passes so we will have to see how far away we are from the big lift - it might be possible to get in afternoon trip and return with the kids in the week depending on how long it takes.

Will post another update soon.
latest report
Two couples are in that flat next week, and who gets the bunk-room is being decided on the toss of a coin rolling eyes

Now, where is my two-headed coin?........... Puzzled
snow report
Freddie Paellahead, I think you just lost the toss!
ski holidays
B.t.w. SH's stickers on helmets - a badge of honour or something to be feared..................?

Has this ever happened to you? Conversation in the Transarc 1 gondola today....................

'Ahhhhh...........So you're Snowheads..............?'

I think the speakers would have taken one step backwards if they could have done so.

'Oh, so you've heard of Snowheads?'

'Yes..................we are SCGB members!!!!'

Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

Are two Minimum's and a Megamum sporting SH's stickers really that frightening? Twisted Evil

BMF_Skier did offer to open the door, but they declined to exit the gondola half way up Laughing
snow conditions
Megamum, See - the notoriety you always secretly longed for! You'll be smoking dope next!
wink

snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Bish, I needed some of that after the first 10 minutes on these damn new stiff, heavy, unco-operative skis. Sloe gin is planned to go on the cornflakes tomorrow!! The skis won't know what's hit 'em.
snow report
Megamum wrote:

Are two Minimum's and a Megamum sporting SH's stickers really that frightening? Twisted Evil

Well I guess they'd be pretty effective in a snowball fight! Toofy Grin
snow report
Megamum, Skis that are a bit too stiff you you are so exhausting! Did you take you original Elans with you just in case the new ones didn't work out? You have to push them hard by getting them to bend a bit with more lean and more pressure. No sort of expert though!

Have you found all the best runs at Les Arcs? My personal favourite are the two up in the Col. The long run off the top of the cable car is also great. Don't be put off by the black grading. The only steep bit is the bit at the top you can see. I also like Aigle, over at Peissey. There is a steep one through the tress called something like Colombieres. That is great with some snow on it. Nice resort Les Arcs.

snowHead
latest report
Nope, the Magfires are the only ones I have. I think I'm suffering the indignity factor at the moment. Things got better this afternoon, but the first 10 minutes this morning was nearly dummy being thrown out of the pram time. The legs don't actually feel too bad at the moment, though I grant I might feel them tomorrow rather more. I have discovered the most amazing bar at the bottom of one of the snow parks above 1800/2000 that sells the most scrummy hot apple juice with cognac in it (even the kids liked it!!!). Things seemed rather more rosy once I had a cup of that in me.

N.B. At some point we want to take in the high point, what is the red Arandelieres like please? (From the top of Aiguille Rouge)
snow report
Chris Bish wrote:
There is a steep one through the tress called something like Colombieres.

Comborciere...

Megamum wrote:
N.B. At some point we want to take in the high point, what is the red Arandelieres like please? (From the top of Aiguille Rouge)

Get off the cable car, and walk up to take the view (don't go unless it's a sunny day).

Walk back down and clip in, make sure you're not departing the top en masse with a big group - let them go and wait for some clear space. Then head straight down the black for 50 of so yds (little bit steep but actually easier than the 1st two turns on the red) Then where there's a sign saying experts only tun left and there's a narrowish track for about 20 yds which then hairpins back on itself - touch tricky but no worse than the bit down from the Arpette lift back towards 1800 (although a bit narrower). After that it opens right out into a huge wide easy pleasure dome for a stretch (red + black runs combined) and then eventually it splits left and right, left is the red down ariandelieres - pre the split you need some pace up if going left as it's a little uphill. Then it's just a bit of a dull cat track to the bottom station of the gondola. Then next bit is perfect for high speed fun, wide, flat (mostly) and steeper - it's a great place to clock up some pace, then as it flattens up and narrows it merges together with the blues and you end up at arcabulle.

Actually once you've made it to the split point, don't go left, turn right and enjoy the run all the way to villaroger - once you've done the top bit you've done the hardest and there's nothing as bad further down. There is a bit of a mogul field further down but there's also an obvious blue run that skirts the edge and brings you out at the bottom.

Enjoy the beer in La Ferme...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy